IT Hardware Technician
Advertiser: Secure Computer Recycling & DisposalMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jun 2019
- Perth, Fremantle & Southern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Information & Communication Technology, Engineering - Hardware
About us - A small business working in a niche industry, we have worked hard to build a cohesive team of people working towards common goals. We are looking to add a new team member to join our ranks. We are conveniently located close to the Kwinana Freeway with on-site parking. Through 5S implementation, we maintain a very high standard of cleanliness and organisation in our facility and will train new employees on those methodologies.
About you - The right candidate will have a strong knowledge of computer hardware, with the ability to dismantle and build computers, understanding all computer componentry and be able to diagnose any discovered problems or faults and fix them in a timely manner. Fast and accurate data entry is also extremely important, using our proprietary asset management software to capture all of the equipment's specifications and information.
About the role - Assessing a wide variety of ICT hardware, our IT Hardware Technicians are vital to our recycling and remarketing process. From desktop assets to high-end networking equipment, your core work will be constantly varied. Some general warehouse duties will be required, from wrapping pallets to our standard, picking and packing as well as cleaning and sorting to our 5S procedure.
- Cert IV/Diploma in IT/Computer Systems
- Excellent understanding of desktop and laptop IT hardware with troubleshooting
- Proficient in Microsft Office 365
- Working in a busy environment
- Attention to detail
- Working well in a team environment
- Physically fit and able to move ICT equipment to and from pallets
- Police clearance less than 3 months old
Preferred or Advantageous Skills
- A+/Network+, Microsoft certification and/or Associates Degree
- Experience in a similar role
- Test & Tag Certificate
- Forklift HRWL
- Clean manual drivers license
- LR or higher manual truck license
This role is only available to Australian Citizens or Residents. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Due to the nature of our work, a police clearance no older than 3 months will be required from the successful candidates.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have professional experience troubleshooting and repairing hardware issues on PC and laptop?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?