Advertiser: South Australian Genealogy and HeraldryMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jun 2019
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
We are looking for a detail orientated person with a strong customer service focus and excellent communication skills. You will be part of a small team that look after the administration of the South Australian Genealogy & Heraldry Society.
Your role will include, but will not be limited to;
- looking after customer enquiries (phone, email and in person)
- processing financial transactions
- assisting posting website and social media content
- providing administrative support to staff, committees and Council
- administration and reporting of the organisation
- acting in other roles as needed.
An understanding of the Society's core business is essential.
Essential selection criteria
- Ability to prioritise multiple deadlines and multi-task at a rapid pace.
- Demonstrate current IT experience
- Demonstrate trouble shooting skills to diagnose and fix basic IT problems
- Proven social media skills across popular platforms
- Demonstrate knowledge of and practical good customer service skills
- Working knowledge of MYOB and excellent skills in Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Proven project/event management skills
- Demonstrated administrative/clerical skills including working knowledge of accounting principles
- Ability to work with internal committees as directed
- Training will be provided for business specific systems.
- Corporate Servicing; if needed, ensuring committee minutes are received in a timely manner and filed according to company procedures.
- Some family history experience and an understanding of the research process
- Experience with video chat; Skype
- Webinar support/experience
- Podcasts delivery
- Experience with contract management with third parties
- Web content management and delivery
- Maintaining Customer Relationship Management database; affiliate organisations, libraries, institutions
- Document management experience (manual or system)
- Training or experience in manual handling requirements
Applications must include a cover letter, how you match the essential criteria, referees and a resumé (max. 2 pages). Email to email@example.com.
Hours: 3 days (21 hrs) a week subject to negotiation
No leave during 4 weeks (mid Jun-mid Jul) over the end of financial year period.
(The office is closed for two weeks over Christmas and New Year.)
Salary & conditions:
Clerks SA Award (may be expected to work paid overtime at certain times of the year such as lead up to end of financial year and AGM)
Engagement will be subject to general employment and security checks and a 3 month probation period will apply.
Line manager: Business Manager
Applications close 10pm, Sunday 23 June 2019.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an administration officer?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?
- Do you have previous invoicing experience?