- Job Listing Date
- 2 Jul 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $55,674 (including super)
- Work Type
- Call Centre & Customer Service, Customer Service - Call Centre
Defence Health provides great value private health insurance to the families of Australian Defence Force (ADF) members and the wider Defence community. As a Members Own Health Fund, we are not-for-profit and all for the benefit of our members. Our members really are just like family, our team lives and breathes our service culture and our values – trust, respect, ownership, excellence and community.
Here at Defence Health we have a strong focus on staff engagement and supporting a high-performance culture. We recognise that a highly engaged and motivated team not only help us to retain fantastic people but enable us to provide a great member experience.
Find out more at www.defencehealth.com.au
About the role
We are looking for enthusiastic candidates (1 full time, 1 part time and 1 casual) who have a true passion for delivering excellent customer service for a 12 month contract. As the first point of contact for Defence Health, you will be responsible for educating our members on our private health insurance products by:
- Building rapport with our members over the phone
- Providing quality information about our products and services
- Responding to enquiries via inbound and outbound phone calls
- Utilising our systems to navigate membership details
- Complying with the relevant government legislation
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this position, you will ideally possess the following attributes:
- strong administration skills that allow you to process member transactions with speed, accuracy
- Attention to detail
- You will enjoy contributing to a team environment and be active in sharing information and working collaboratively
- It can get busy so during peak periods you will have the resilience to manage high workloads
- The initiative to investigate problems and suggest solutions
- Ability to learn the complexities of private health insurance however prior experience in this industry is not a must
In return for the above we offer a supportive environment in which you can develop and grow your potential.
We focus on internal development and look for ways to help our employees grow. We also have a strong focus on job satisfaction and employee wellbeing which includes; physical, emotional, financial security and social connectedness.
We are committed to providing you with the knowledge and training to succeed in your role, therefore the first three weeks will be dedicated to induction.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a company that offers a great work/life balance and culture. We will value what you can bring to our organisation, in return offering competitive remuneration, training/development opportunities and our super active social club responsible for planning our social activities and gatherings.
Our operating hours are 8.30am to 8.00pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30am to 6.00pm on Friday and all roles operate on a rotating roster.
By joining us you will receive competitive remuneration and staff benefits, such as
- Bi-monthly awards
- Team days
- Fresh fruit
- Flu injections
- A super active social club
- Skin checks
- The list goes on!!
If this looks like the job for you, please apply now by sending your resume and a cover letter outlining your suitability!
This ad will close on 1 July 2019 and the expected start date will be 22 July 2019