Paralegal / Office Assistant
Advertiser: Ledlin Lawyers Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Jun 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Legal, Law Clerks & Paralegals
Paralegal / Office Assistant
If you crave challenging work, direct client contact, structured autonomy and engagement, and you want to enjoy coming to work every day, this exceptional position in a growing law firm is for you.
We are a boutique commercial law firm looking for a Paralegal / Office Assistant to join our team. We want someone who will help us make our clients' goals and ambitions a reality. That's what we do. Every day. It's exciting and enjoyable and our clients say that we are very experienced, respected and forward thinking. Best of all, we want you to be an integral part of our future plans.
What will you be doing?
Key Duties and Responsibilities include:-
- Amending documents, typing and general document preparation including fee letters, client correspondence and agreements
- Preparing and lodging court forms (usually online) in most civil court jurisdictions
- File management, including opening and closing files, printing, scanning and filing
- Diary and email management, including arranging and coordinating meetings, managing important Court dates
- Office reception, including answering telephone calls and greeting visitors
- General office management, including mail and office supplies
- Liaising directly with clients and other parties via email and telephone
- Billing and accounts management
What do we need from you?
Key Skills and Experience include:-
- Personable and friendly attitude. A good sense of humour is a plus!
- A professional working style and strong work ethic
- An adaptable and team-focused approach with a demonstrable ability to support a team of busy lawyers
- Experience in a commercial litigation firm, including working knowledge of civil practice and procedure
- Excellent spelling, grammar and attention to detail are essential
- Proactive approach with a demonstrable ability to manage time and prioritise tasks
- LEAP Cloud or similar practice management experience is desirable
- A good organiser
- Excellent IT skills
What can we offer you?
We are not your usual firm of lawyers. We offer a great work life balance, personal growth, flexibility and a professional, fun environment to work in. You will be working directly with the founders of the business who are committed to developing and retaining talent. There will be opportunities for further career progression as our business grows and we will support further studies.
We are a friendly, social team and some of our firm events include End of Financial Year, Melbourne Cup, Christmas lunch, client functions, footing tipping competitions, and more! You can learn more about us from our website http://www.ledlinlawyers.com.au and at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/ledlin-lawyers-pty-ltd/.
About the Role
Candidates with previous secretarial / office management experience outside of the legal industry or current law students/graduates will be considered only if you can demonstrate exceptional qualities, attitude and an ability to learn the mechanics of legal practice.
This is advertised as a full time role, however part time applicants will be considered if they meet all the required criteria. Recruitment agencies please do not apply, direct applications only.
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?