Family Law Paralegal/Student/Graduate
Advertiser: Hede Byrne & Hall LawyersMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jun 2019
- Toowoomba & Darling Downs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Legal, Law Clerks & Paralegals
This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated paralegal, legal student or graduate to obtain a highly sought after position with an experienced Director in our Toowoomba office. If successful, you will become the primary legal assistant to the family law Director and will provide support to our litigation and administration team as needed. The nature of this position will allow the successful candidate to potentially progress their legal career as their experience and knowledge grows.
The position will involve clerical duties as well as legal duties increasing over time to include: -
- Opening and closing files, filing, billing within set time frames
- Time recording, diary and time limit management
- Completing dictations, preparation and collation of briefs and correspondence
- Overall assistance with management of file loads and daily commitments of the supervising directors.
- Drafting legal advices and correspondence to clients and third parties
- Liaising with clients and third parties, coordinating appointments, mediations, court appearances.
This position is ideally suited to 2nd, 3rd or 4th year law students, law graduates or paralegals with the requisite experience.
This is a full time position. The successful applicant will be initially appointed to a maternity leave cover role of 6 months, potentially for a period of up to 12 months.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications received after the final date will not be considered.
If you have previously applied for a past role please ensure that you reapply for this position so that your application will receive proper consideration.
To be successful in this role, you will need intermediate Microsoft Office skills and a typing speed of no less than 60 wpm. You will thrive on being busy, and have excellent attention to detail, demonstrated organisational skills, the ability to prioritise and an eagerness to learn. We pride ourselves on our relationships with our clients and, therefore, you must have excellent communication skills.
Previous administration experience is preferred.
Experience in a law firm, law court or family law practice is ideal but not essential.
If you feel you would suit this role, please forward a written application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 JUNE 2019.
If further information is required about this role, please contact Haylee Knight on 07 4637 6300.
- How many years' experience do you have in a paralegal role?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have administration experience in the legal services industry?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- What's your average typing speed?