Advertiser: Lumber PunksMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jun 2019
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sport & Recreation, Management
About the business
Lumber Punks Axe Throwing is more than an activity, its a movement. We bring the Punk ethos to everything we do and make sure every guest who visits us leaves knowing why Lumber Punks are the best Axe Throwing Venues in Australia. What started as a group of friends throwing axes together for fun has transformed into a rapidly growing and exciting business captivating new throwers everyday.
With a focus on culture, teamwork and individuality we remain grassroots in terms of our environment and the way we interact with each other and our guests.
Always seeking out the extrovert, challenging the boring status quo, pushing boundaries and striving to spread our passion for throwing axes therefore building the Axe Throwing community in Australia.
About the role
An exciting opportunity exists for a hard working, highly motivated and proactive venue manager to join the Lumberpunks team in Perth. As the Venue Manager you will be responsible to manage the needs of the Venue and Staff, you will have the opportunity and support to develop and grow the business to meet our unique Punk ethos. Availability day, night and weekends essential. Full training provided. You will be required to;
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of running a venue
- Be able to demonstrate proven success in team management skills
- Engage with external agencies and stakeholders for stock replenishment and venue repair
- Ability to promote and grow the brand name by monitoring and engaging local area opportunities
- Provide safety instruction to all guests and ensure equipment is in working condition prior to throwing sessions
- Welcome guests with an enthusiastic, authentic greeting, including check-in, waiver sign-in etc
- Provide captivating axe throwing instruction at the beginning of each session
- Coach by offering guidance throughout axe throwing sessions
- Effectively manage interactive tournaments/games
- Entertain, energize and engage your groups by reading people and communicating accordingly
- Promote provided marketing and promotional initiatives and solicit referrals as needed
- Can operate autonomously
- Creative thinker in a fast-paced environment
- Energetic, outgoing and entertaining individual
- Professional and well-spoken in front of large or small groups
- Highly safety conscious with a strong attention to detail
- Loves to entertain, put on a show and can engage with our guests
- Excellent time management skills
- Great attitude and likes to learn
- Can quickly interpret customers needs and handle complaints
- Is very comfortable managing a team and making strong decisions.
- Desires an Extreme. Social. Fun! job that doesn't feel like a job
While performing the duties of this position, you will regularly be required to:
- Be friendly and able to smile frequently
- Work days, nights, and/or weekends as required
- Work in a noisy, fast paced environment with distracting conditions
- Read and write handwritten notes
- Walk or stand 100% of shift
Benefits and perks
You get to spend you're days/nights showing people how to throw axes and manage a team of axe throwers!!!! Are you serious right now?
Skills and experience
No Axe Throwing experience necessary full training provided however the following would be advantageous
- A background in Management and training
- Strong communication skills
- Previous experience in Hospitality (Advantageous)
- First Aid certified
- RSA or willing to obtain
- Blue card or willing to obtain
- Strong Microsoft Office and computer skills
- Experience at Public Speaking
- A strong sense of humour
- The ability to read people and adjust demeanour depending on the situation
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a venue manager?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Do you have customer service experience?