Advertiser: Vawdrey Australia P/LMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jun 2019
- Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Vawdrey's founding pillars are built on quality, innovation and dedication, qualities that continue to drive the company today. Our national head office premises features a state-of-the-art manufacturing complex, spare parts, repairs, sales and administration areas. In addition, we provide sales, service and repair functions across Australia. We aim to consistently improve our standards, apply innovation and embed quality within the industry.
Working as part of the Vawdrey Engineering Design team, this role focuses on developing accurate drawings for our production plant, for customer orders and new product developments.
After consistent year-on-year growth this new position offers great job security and is a very exciting opportunity for the right candidate.
This position is responsible for:
- Designing full assemblies, components & accessories.
- Ensuring design regulation compliance.
- Following established design standards and processes.
- Developing design documentation.
- Implementing best practice design principles and standards to identify and implement innovate design solutions.
- Utilizing and maintaining databases and electronic record systems.
The ideal candidate has:
- Relevant, proven and transferrable Design/Drafting experience, preferably in transport, automotive, defence, or heavy industries.
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering. (At least 5 years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification.)
- Sound 3D CAD experience; Autodesk Inventor is preferred
- High level attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capacity to efficiently generate quality and accurate engineering drawings
- Excellent Computer desktop skills & knowledge (especially Excel and Access)
To apply for this job:
- All applications, including CVs, must be submitted via Seek.
- All applicants must provide brief bullet-point responses outlining your suitability for the above 12 criteria, preferably in a cover letter
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a design engineer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Have you completed a qualification in mechanical engineering?
- Have you worked in a role where you were responsible for authoring and reviewing technical documentation?