Spring Emergency Response Operator
Advertiser: Wildlife VictoriaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jun 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $26.40 - $27.90 per hour
- Work Type
- Call Centre & Customer Service, Customer Service - Call Centre
ABOUT WILDLIFE VICTORIA
Wildlife Victoria is a charity organisation committed to reducing the suffering of wildlife by providing an emergency response service for injured, sick and orphaned wildlife across Victoria (8400 7300). This vital community service is supported by over 1,500 trained and experienced volunteers. These dedicated volunteers assess, advise, rescue, educate, treat, rehabilitate and release the animals back into the wild. In many cases saving them from certain death and give them a new start in life. Last year we received over 86,000 reports for wildlife in need.
Do you have a passion for wildlife? Do you have experience in customer service or a call centre role? Are you confident with databases and juggling tasks? If so, this could be the job for you!
- Fast paced, call centre environment
- Friendly, supportive and collaborative team
- Help facilitate wildlife rescues on a daily basis
Our Emergency Response Operators are at the forefront of our vital community service.
The position is located in Abbotsford and offered on a casual basis for the Spring and Summer period with a potential for an ongoing casual position. This role would suit someone who has a confident, pleasant phone manner with good problem solving skills; a multi-tasker with demonstrated resilience under pressure.
Key selection criteria
- Availability to work 3-4 rostered shifts per week on a rotating seven day roster
- Hands-on experience with wildlife is desirable
- Experience working in a fast paced call centre or similar customer service environment
- Knowledge of current state laws regarding animal welfare is highly regarded but not essential
- Higher education in animal studies/wildlife/environment is highly regarded but not essential
- Experience working with databases such as Salesforce or similar CRMs
- High degree of problem solving abilities
- High degree of dispute resolution abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to interact with a broad range of people
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise work tasks
See here for the position description: https://www.wildlifevictoria.org.au/images/PD_Emergency_Response_Operator.pdf
Applications must include a cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria above to be considered for this position.
Applications for this role should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm on Sunday the 23rd of June 2019.