- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jun 2019
- Toowoomba & Darling Downs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Farm Management
A newly created role now exists for an experienced and capable livestock team co-ordinator to join Condamine’s Livestock team.
The position is suited to an appropriately skilled, self-motivated and energetic person with the ability to work autonomously within a team environment to coordinate efficient livestock movements through effective liaison and negotiation with the Livestock Manager.
A critical element of this role is to ensure all documentation and processes are compliant with relevant industry and regulatory requirements and to provide support to the livestock team.
Reporting to the Livestock Manager, this role is responsible for, but not limited to:
- Constructing and programming the weekly processing schedule;
- Supporting the livestock area with all co-ordination of cattle movements to ensure daily/weekly requirements are met;
- Building relationships with Teys processing staff to ensure cattle are delivered in a timely manner under the standards required;
- Supporting QA and the administration team to ensure documentation is accurately recorded, filed, and reported to the appropriate authorities
- Assisting team members in the other duties as required by Livestock Manager
Key Attributes required:
- Highly effective planning and organisational skills;
- Problem solving and the ability to make sound decisions under pressure;
- Strong numeracy skills with attention to detail and accuracy;
- Solid administrative ability, including computer literacy; spreadsheets.
- Understanding and application of livestock and industry compliance requirements and processes.
Prior experience with Feedlot 3000 or StockAid will be highly regarded but not essential for potential applicants.
Single person accommodation is available to the successful applicant, if required. The successful applicant will be required to work within a 10 on 4 off roster. A wage package & benefits is offered based on the skill level of the successful applicant, as per the site Enterprise Agreement award.