Community Engagement Coordinator
Advertiser: Kookaburra Kids FoundationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jun 2019
- $60,000 plus super and salary packaging
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services
Australian Kookaburra Kids Foundation is a growing, exciting not for profit organisation providing an exceptional service and support to children who live in families affected by mental illness. We are seeking an enthusiastic and energetic person to fill the role of SA Community Engagement Coordinator.
The Community Engagement Coordinator is part of the Community Engagement team and is responsible for the face to face interaction/relationship building between volunteers, referral agencies and potential fundraising sources.
The position is based in Adelaide, however, programs will be conducted off-site in SA, and will require out-of-hours attendance and weekend activities. The role will initially start as a work from home position.
- Build relationships with volunteers through meet n greets, trainings and other face to face communications;
- Promotion of volunteering within AKKF;
- Attending expos, interagency meetings, community events and meet and greets;
- Presentations to referral sources;
- Researching new areas of expansion and growth within state;
- Motivate communities to raise funds for Kookaburra Kids at a grassroots level;
- Utilising community fundraising distribution packs to encourage community fundraising;
- Relationship building and face to face engagement with community groups and organisations;
- Corporate presentations/Corporate volunteering;
- Identify and coordinate community event opportunities for AKKF to participate in to raise awareness for AKKF programs and services e.g Mental Health Month, Volunteer Week;
- Present information to relevant groups, businesses, stakeholders in the local community to promote and raise awareness of AKKF and its work;
- Document and upload all community event related assets including photos, stories, testimonials to AKKF file management system;
- Identify and coordinate community fundraising opportunities including events where AKKF can be the benefitting or partner charity;
- Attend community and other fundraising events where AKKF is benefiting or partner charity and;
- Coordinate and manage all third-party community peer to peer fundraising events.
Desirable Competencies and Experience:
- A deep sense of community spirit, with demonstrated experience in identifying, securing and developing successful relationships with community groups and third-party fundraisers to achieve organisational goals
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work autonomously and as a collaborative team member. Understanding the possibility of being the sole occupant of an office
- Ability to travel regularly, in and out of state, along with out of regular business hours and weekend work
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills.
Criminal Record and Working With Children's checks will be undertaken on successful applicants.
Via the link on Seek.com or email email@example.com with your CV and cover letter to address how you meet the skills and criteria.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?