- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jun 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Healthcare & Medical, Pathology
- West End location
- Above Award wages and multiple employee benefits
IQ Pathology provides world-class diagnostic services to the medical community in Queensland.
Our organisation aims to achieve and maintain the highest standard of service and scientific excellence within chosen markets.
A vacancy currently exists for a Laboratory Assistant in the Histology Department at IQ Pathology in our West End Laboratory. This casual position will be required to participate in various shifts between the hours of 12:00am and 11:00pm, Sunday to Friday.
Your duties will include:
- Routine receipt and processing of specimens;
- Pre and post analytical specimen handling;
- Identification and prioritisation of urgent specimens;
- Filing and storing of specimens;
- Perform selected tests operate and maintain required instruments;
- Sorting and filing stained histology slides;
- Disposal of biological waste; and
- Assist in scientific duties such as: specimen cut-up, embedding, sectioning & sorting.
You will possess:
- A willingness to adhere to departmental and organisational policies and procedures;
- Must be a cohesive and contributing member of the team and display positive attitudes towards achieving outcomes;
- Strong time management, interpersonal and organisational skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Problem solving skills;
- Awareness of Workplace Health and Safety and quality assurance processes and procedures; and
- Previous pathology laboratory experience in the area of Histopathology would be highly regarded.
Initial enquires should be directed to Priscilla Kho at Priscilla.firstname.lastname@example.org All Applications meeting the above selection criteria to apply via the appropriate link below.
Only people who have the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Employment at IQ Pathology may be subject to a satisfactory pre-employment medical assessment.
IQ Pathology is an equal opportunity employer.
Note: Your application will be reviewed and if successful we will contact you directly to discuss the next stage of the recruitment process. If you are not shortlisted, you will usually not be advised that your application was not successful.