Director Stakeholder Engagement for Western Australia
Advertiser: MTPConnectMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jun 2019
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, General/Business Unit Manager
MTPConnect is an independent, not-for-profit organisation formed as part of the Australian Government’s Industry Growth Centres Initiative. Its objective is to accelerate the rate of growth of Australia’s medical technology, biotechnology and pharmaceutical sector. The MTPConnect Head Office is at Monash University in Melbourne, co-located with the CSIRO and industry. In 2018, MTPConnect partnered with the Western Australian State Government and the University of Western Australia (UWA) to establish a Western Australian Hub of MTPConnect, located at UWA in the Harry Perkins Institute of Medical Research building.
Key objectives and responsibilities
The role is a full time 3 year contract reporting to the General Manager Stakeholder Engagement.
The Director of Stakeholder Engagement for Western Australia will promote and facilitate MTPConnect’s activities in Western Australia (WA). This role will coordinate, facilitate and accelerate programs and initiatives that grow and benefit the MTP sector within WA and align and connect the State to MTPConnect’s national strategy, initiatives and programs. This position will help establish and drive the engagement strategy and implementation plan for WA stakeholders in the MTP sector including companies, industry associations, research organisations and universities. A key focus of the role will be to build the WA MTP sector’s capabilities and capacities in business development and commercialisation. The role will drive initiatives that attract investment and grow innovation and trade, linking WA into major national and international initiatives.
This role will help drive MTPConnect’s corporate communication program in WA. Working with the corporate communications team, the role will maintain a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) program and support stakeholder communication activities to ensure the WA MTP sector is informed of key initiatives and programs of MTPConnect and the Growth Centre initiative. Working in collaboration with the WA State Government and UWA, the Director of Stakeholder Engagement will contribute to the development and implementation of MTPConnect initiatives in WA and be responsible for reporting on these initiatives.
The Director of Stakeholder Engagement will work closely with all stakeholders in the WA MTP sector, including the UWA supported WA Life Sciences Innovation Hub. The role will be responsible for establishing and maintaining regular engagement with State-based government and industry organisations, universities, MRIs, researchers, research organisations, investor networks, relevant MTP sector companies (incl. SMEs), and funding organisations. The Director of Stakeholder Engagement will be responsible for tracking of initiatives and activities and meeting the reporting obligations of the WA Hub of MTPConnect.
In addition to the key objectives and responsibilities listed above, the Director of Stakeholder Engagement for WA will be responsible for:
- Shaping MTPConnect's engagement strategy for Western Australia;
- Developing and supporting programs that will strengthen WA based companies' abilities to commercialise and grow investment, so as to create jobs and growth for the State;
- Recruiting key state-based stakeholders as MTPConnect 'Network Associates';
- Actively pursuing, drafting and submitting case studies/success stories for MTPConnect communication channels;
- Organising events that promote collaboration and growth of the WA MTP sector;
- Working with the corporate communications team to contribute to communication activities and initiatives in WA;
- Other activities as determined from time to time by the CEO; and
- Flexible working arrangements can be negotiated for the right applicant.
Key Selection Criteria
- A post-graduate degree or relevant experience in a related discipline with extensive understanding/experience working within and connections within the WA MTP sector.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, develop and successfully implement networking and sector support initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder (internal and external) management skills including demonstrated ability to negotiate, motivate, influence and build successful professional relationships on a regional, national and international scale.
- Excellent written and verbal skills with a demonstrated ability to influence.
- Demonstrated corporate development, alliance management and business development expertise.
- Ability to work in a small team environment, function in a matrix organisation and ability to balance a range of simultaneous demands, priorities, tight timelines and expectations.
The Director of Stakeholder Engagement for WA will contribute to achieving MTPConnect's vision by:
- Acting with integrity;
- Communicating effectively;
- Maintaining strong focus on business results;
- Working well with others to deliver team outcomes; and
- Setting high standards.
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking the submit button below and attach a cover letter addressing the required key selection criteria along with your CV, by 5.00pm Wednesday 26th June, 2019. For further information please contact Sue Fisher on +61 3 9905 1753.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have experience working towards targets and KPIs?
- How many years of business development experience do you have?