Primary Product Inspector - Blueberry
Advertiser: Driscoll's Australia Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jun 2019
- Coffs Harbour & North Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Agronomy & Farm Services
- Full Time
- Coffs Harbour Region
Reporting to the Regional Manager, this technical role will primarily be responsible for the delivery of high quality service to our Blueberry Growing region based in Coffs Harbour. Working closely with our independent growers you will be conducting daily site visits and providing guidance on best practice growing techniques (including fertigation and IPM) as well as implementing high standards of quality controls. You key tasks will involve:
- Inspecting fruit quality on a regular basis and reporting
- Auditing and monitoring quality procedures at farms to ensure compliance with both internal and external quality control requirements.
- Reporting on packaging requirements.
- Advising on best practice IPM and fertigation protocols
- Advising on best practice plant growth and nutrition guidelines
- Providing regular reports to Regional Manager
To be considered for this role applicants must demonstrate the following:
- Technical understanding of best practice blueberry growing principles
- Previous experience working within the Agricultural or Horticulture industry
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships through high quality service delivery
- Hold a valid unrestricted licence
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends, evenings, public holidays)
- What's your highest level of education?
- Have you completed a qualification in horticulture?