- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jun 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Healthcare & Medical, Speech Therapy
About Autism Queensland
Autism Queensland provides specialised education, therapy and support services for people of all ages with ASD and their families. For further information please visit www.autismqld.com.au.
About the Role
Autism Queensland's P-12 independent school campus at Sunnybank Hills has a fixed-term opportunity for an experienced Speech Pathologist to join our therapy team and provide exceptional speech therapy services to our students.
Our dedicated therapy team works under a interdisciplinary model and consists of Psychologists, Occupational Therapists and Speech Pathologists.
This is a full-time position for 5 days a week, fixed term until Dec 2019.
To access the position description, please visit the Work With Us page on our website - https://autismqld.com.au/page/workwithus.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Speech Pathology
- Current membership of Speech Pathology Australia
- Proven provision of high quality, evidence-based SP services to children and young people with ASD/developmental challenges in an educational setting
- Proven knowledge of child and adolescent development, behaviours and learning
- Experience in the design and implementation of group and individual strategies and programs
- An ability to work and communicate effectively with families and professionals in addressing additional needs of children
- Current driver's licence and Blue Card
Culture & Benefits
Autism Queensland is an inspiring, caring and fun place to work with supportive, passionate and friendly colleagues and leaders who value your contribution and share your commitment to achieving work-life balance. Your work will be both challenging and rewarding and you will find scope and support for personal as well as professional development. You'll also enjoy the financial benefits of our generous salary sacrificing program!
How To Apply
If this vacancy is of interest, please apply asap!
Please follow these instructions to apply. Your application should include:
1. A cover letter identifying the reason/s you are applying;
2. A current CV / resume with contact details of at least two referees (who will only be contacted with your explicit consent following interview);
3. Details of current professional registration, Blue Card or Yellow Card if/as relevant.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a speech pathologist?
- Do you have experience working with children with special needs?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?