Site Supervisor - Commercial Project
Advertiser: Begonia City FencingMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jun 2019
- Ballarat & Central Highlands
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Construction, Foreperson/Supervisors
With over 30 years’ experience
Begonia City Fencing has built a reputation for providing high quality product and installation expertise
to companies working on commercial & industrial projects. We are a Ballarat based company working State wide.
With our vast experience we have fast established a recommended customer base in the commercial, government and education industries. Begonia City Fencing specializes in high security and complex installations.
Due to our continued growth a Project Supervisor is required to join our team. In this role, you will be required to manage trades and site based activities and ensure projects are completed on time. You will be responsible for projects from start to finish.
You should be suitably qualified with some experience in a similar role in the Construction/Trade industry. This role may suit someone who has been a leading hand and is looking for the next step up in their career. The ability to read and interpret plans is required along with the ability to deliver projects on time and on budget. You should also show attention to detail when implementing and managing OH&S on site. Strong communication skills along with common sense and a strong work ethic is also required along with the ability to lead by example and promote a strong team environment.
An attractive salary package including vehicle, phone and other allowances will be paid to the right person.
Your duties will include:
- Oversee staff & direct on site – a hands on approach may be required at times.
- Liaise with Estimator on project requirements – commencement, staffing/stock/resources.
- Pre start/Site visits.
- Manage/assist staff to ensure best practice & outcomes for BCF.
- Ensure correct procedures are up to date for projects – SWMS, OH&S, tool box meetings, site meetings, any client specific requirements
- Identify key milestone dates for projects and monitor/report.
- Reading and interpreting drawings and engineering plans for each project.
- Oversee quality assurance and documents of projects.
- Checking all invoices/costs against materials and labour allowed for project.
- Ensure resources are booked, on-site and hired/de-hired for projects as required.
- Actively seeking future projects and building relationships with external clients.
- Identify and report training requirements for staff.
- Inspect and ensure all tools, vehicles etc are in best working order.
- Any special projects as directed by Director.
- Maintain detailed diary to ensure smooth operations.
- Identify and report areas for continuous improvement.
Skills & Experience:
- Construction Card
- Ability to multi task
- Ability to run a project unsupervised
- Proven experience as a Site Supervisor/Leading Hand
Please email Resumes to:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Have you worked in a supervisor role within the construction industry?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How many years' experience do you have in the construction industry?
- Do you hold a Construction Induction Safety certificate (White Card)?