- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jun 2019
- Melbourne, Northern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Hospitality & Tourism, Airlines
Casual Cabin Crew
The Altara Group is a fast growing aviation consulting and labour hire organisation based in Melbourne. Altara is renowned in the aviation industry as a leader in delivering quality service and as a great place to commence your career in aviation. Altara has been contracted by Jetstar since 2010 to provide Jetstar with enthusiastic, mature and responsible individuals in the role of Domestic Casual Cabin Crew based in Melbourne.
About our client:
Jetstar is the largest low cost carrier in the Asia Pacific region by revenue and has flown over 250 million passengers since it launched in 2004. From 2011 to 2018, Jetstar has been awarded the “Best Low-Cost Airline – Australia / Pacific” (Skytrax).
To be successful in this role you must be an enthusiastic customer service professional with more than 3 years extensive and recent experience in face to face customer service. You must also be a mature individual that is reliable and happy to go the extra mile to deliver customer service at a high level.
You must have:
- A high regard for safety
- The ability to sustain long hours and be flexible to work shift work
- The professionalism and maturity required to work in a role where you are the "face" of the airline
- Good time management skills and the ability to multi-task
- The ability to work in a fast- paced team environment
- Perform cabin safety functions, including identifying safety matters, taking action to address safety matters and co-operating with other crew to reduce the risk of injury to passengers and Jetstar employees
- Provide excellent customer service and promote/sell ancillary products
- Ensure effective communication within the cabin and cockpit and with Jetstar Management to maintain an effective and harmonious working relationship
- Maintain skills, knowledge and physical ability to perform all emergency procedures
- Consistently display professional standards of behaviour and personal presentation
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate with valid CPR
- Current Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate
- Valid passport, with a minimum of 18 months validity
- Able to swim 50m unaided
- Reach 210cm over head
- Successfully complete a Pre-employment Health Assessment
- Ability to hold an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC)
Many of our employees have gone on to build long term full time careers in the aviation sector with our valued clients and other major airlines so don’t miss out on this great opportunity to start or continue your cabin crew career.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted to complete an online video interview after which you may be invited to attend a recruitment day where you will have the opportunity to meet with and engage with members of our recruitment and cabin crew team.