- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jun 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Marketing & Communications, Marketing Assistants/Coordinators
ANU Sport is an independent incorporated association that delivers sport, fitness and recreation services and opportunities to the ANU Community. ANU Sport is an Australian University Sport (AUS) member institution and the ANU is a member of the Group of 8, Australia’s 8 leading universities.
Our goal here at ANU Sport is to enhance and grow the opportunities for the ANU community to engage in sport, fitness and recreation, promoting well-being and balanced lifestyles. As one team, we deliver for over 3,000 members, catering for performance through to participation with an emphasis on experience, excellence and diversity.
ANU Sport is responsible for the operation and management of the ANU Sport Fitness Centre and all ANU Sport facilities, along with supporting 34 sporting clubs and delivering social and competitive sporting programs.
About the role:
The Marketing and Events Coordinator is an influential role within the team at ANU Sport. In this role you will be responsible for the development and implementation of the organisation’s marketing and communications strategies as well as the delivery of key organisational events including the project management of orientation week.
The Marketing and Events Coordinator will report to the General Manager and will work closely with all areas of the organisation, to effectively coordinate the overarching marketing and communications strategy.
University sport is a dynamic and fast-growing sector. The place of university sport in the broader Australian sporting landscape is quickly growing and UniSport is undergoing exciting change to help facilitate the delivery of high quality and competitive sporting offerings and opportunities for students.
In this role you will help drive innovative marketing and communications campaigns to support the growth of the organisation and promote its place within the burgeoning University Sport sector.
About the role:
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement organisation wide marketing and communications plans
- Develop evidence-based campaigns, capturing and analysing relevant data and information
- Manage a Social Media Officer (part-time)
- Manage and maintain the ANU Sport website
- Continue to develop the ANU Sport digital community to build better engagement with the ANU community
- Project management - develop and deliver projects and events that drive engagement with the ANU Community including orientation weeks and bush week
- Manage, design and create engaging content
- Establish and grow partnerships with communications stakeholders, such as ANU marketing and, local and national media outlets, to grow the brand and profile of ANU Sport
- Coordinate strategic and sensitive communications with stakeholders, including copy writing
- Coordinate internal communications processes to drive organisational efficiency and cohesion.
Our ideal candidate is high energy and passionate about sport and physical activity. You are someone who wants to work with good people and make a difference. You have experience in marketing and events and a desire to bring that knowledge to bear on a new challenge.
The successful candidate will have professional experience and the capacity to demonstrate their ability to coordinate strategic communications and marketing plans.
- Experience implementing strategic marketing and communication plans, with the capacity to demonstrate results
- Technical understanding of, and ability to work with digital and print media
- Content Management Systems (our website currently operates on Drupal)
- Social media platforms
- Content management
- Copy writing and strategic communications
- Event delivery experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven capacity to manage multiple responsibilities
- Proven capacity to problem solve and think critically
- Proven ability to develop ideas in a creative and effective manner
- Proven capacity to work effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Willingness to learn, show initiative and exercise judgement
- Photography capabilities
- Ability to develop and create engaging print and digital content
- Videography and video editing capabilities
At ANU Sport we have a strong focus on bringing out the best in people, both our students and our staff. This is reflected in our commitment to professional development and a core belief that supporting staff to grow in their role benefits the entire organisation.
We pride ourselves on our culture of respect, integrity, commitment, team work and innovation. Through these we deliver for our community.
Do you want to join a dynamic and vibrant team, with a shared focus of delivering great opportunities for our students and the wider community? Do you believe in the greater benefits of leading an active lifestyle? This could be the role for you.
Applications to be sent to email@example.com
Applications close Friday 28 June.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in a marketing role?
- What's your expected annual base salary?