Retail AssistantPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jun 2019
- Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
- Work Type
- Retail & Consumer Products, Retail Assistants
We are looking for an enthusiastic and reliable casual to join our busy team working 9:30am until 4pm two days a week with the ability to cover busy periods and holidays as required.
The primary scope of this role is to ensure customers are serviced in a highly professional and efficient manner and that safety, stock, housekeeping, merchandising and security are maintained to a high standard to ensure operating efficiencies and maximum sales.
- Approaching customers and offering assistance and specialist product advice
- Sales and follow up customer service
- Cash handling, end of shift til reconciliation, petty cash, banking
- Stock management - Unpacking stock from deliveries, movement of stock from pallets to trolleys to packing shelves (frequent heavy lifting up to 20kgs is a requirement), bar coding, correct placement in store, pricing,
- Picking orders, packaging orders, arranging pick-ups and deliveries etc.
- Cleaning shelves, merchandising and product layouts
- Personal security and of Company assets and cash
- Assisting with the stocktake process
- Preparation of quotes and input of orders
- Liaison with warehouse, purchasing, customer service, account managers
- Attending product training and team meetings
- Previous experience in a busy retail environment assisting customers and maintaining stock requirements / layout
- Numerical aptitude and accuracy with attention to detail
- Self-motivated and a team player with Excellent work ethic
- Customer Service orientated
- Sales experience
- Able to identify new client relationship opportunities
- Pride in showroom display and layout
- Problem solving skills and initiative
- Previous experience in the hospitality or catering industry
- Experience using Pronto POS software
- Retail / Customer Service Training
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in the retail industry?
- Do you have experience using point of sale (POS) software?
- What's your expected hourly rate?
- How many hours are you available to work per week?
- Have you had any experience in the hospitality industry or have you worked in a retail position selling similar products?
- Please explain why you are interested in the role and why you are well suited.