Advertiser: Weldcraft Engineering ACT Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jun 2019
- Southern Highlands & Tablelands
- $65,000 - $70,000
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Position : Mechanical Engineer.
Weldcraft engineering is a manufacturing company was founded in 1964 , The company provides engineering ,manufacturing, supply and erection of structural steel services to a number of construction industries across Australia.
This is a brilliant opportunity to leverage off your experience and to be able to advance your career at a rapid pace. There are fantastic career opportunities with the organisation and a chance to be truly rewarded for you efforts as a valued team member.
The position requires minimum 5 years of experience within manufacturing and erection of structural steel works both workshop and site based.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Prepare the resources plan, method of statement for site erection, supervise the site installation and ensure the on time completion of job.
- Produce material take offs from drawings
- Studying functional statements, organisational charts and project information to determine functions and responsibilities of workers and work units and to identify areas of duplication
- Review and understand specifications, drawings, ITP and other contract documents.
- Discuss and agree fabrication methodology and schedule with the Manager
- Prepare project schedules and maintain for on time delivery
- Take out the site measurement and produce structural detailed drawings for shop fabrication and erection.
- Establishing work measurement programs and analysing work samples to develop standards for labour utilisation
- Analysing workforce utilisation, facility layout, operational data and production schedules and costs to determine optimum worker and equipment efficiencies
- Designing products for manufacture, and plant and systems for construction.
- Developing specifications for manufacture, and determining materials, equipment, material flows, capacities and layout of plant and systems
- Organising and managing project labour and the delivery of materials, plant and equipment.
- Establishing standards and policies for installation, modification, quality control, testing, inspection and maintenance according to engineering principles and safety regulations
- Inspecting plant to ensure optimum performance is maintained
- Directing the maintenance of installation equipment, and coordinating the requirements for surveys and maintenance schedules.
- Assist the estimation team for costing and preparing steel quantity layout .
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of steel manufacturing Management experience for both workshop fabrication and site installation.
- Experience in analysing contract terms and conditions.
- Have a strong ability to interpret engineering drawings and specifications.
- Ability to produce accurate schedules and planning as required.
- Ability to participate in project engineering meetings include client meetings, preparing Time/Resource estimates, preparing progress reports for clients, preparing Scope of Work documents.
- Ability to produce drawings using AUTODESK ADVANCE STEEL software.
If this sounds like you and you want to take the next step in your career, please apply now and submit your CV. Applications will be handled in strict confidence.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.