Advisory Group Support Officer
Advertiser: Central Coast CouncilMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jun 2019
- Gosford & Central Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
The Location and Company
Central Coast Council is one of Australia's largest Regional Councils with over 2400 employees, spanning a significant geographical area on the northern fringe of Sydney and just an hours drive south of Newcastle. The Central Coast offers one of the best places in Australia to live and work http://www.thisisthecentralcoast.com.au/about.
Overview of the Role
Council has a number of Advisory Groups and their membership is made up of Councillors, staff and members of the community. The role of Advisory Group Support Officer is responsible for supporting all elements of the groups from setting up meetings, creating agendas, taking minutes and managing actions. It will require time management skills, flexibility and great attention to detail.
If you have outstanding administration skills, the ability to think on your feet and enjoy working with people this may be the role for you.
The successful candidate may be required to attend meetings outside normal work hours at various locations on the Central Coast. Council is open to a flexible work arrangement.
Key activities of this role include:
- Provide quality and efficient administrative services, exercising discretion, judgement, initiative and confidentiality to support the achievement of organisational objectives
- Prepare the Advisory Committees and Groups’ agendas, draft and distribute minutes, disseminate action items arising from minutes, upload relevant documentation to CCC’s website and other internal systems;
- Attend Advisory Committees and Groups meetings and transcribe minutes, attend to public requests regarding the meetings, prepare support documentation for meetings and assist in the coordination of meetings;
- Work with key staff to ensure the effective and efficient operation of meetings so that all participants have a meaningful experience and outcomes are achieved
Click on "Apply for this job" and follow the link to our website to apply and obtain the Position Description for detailed information on the position and required skills and experience.
This role provides a salary range of between salary range between $61K to $73K per annum + superannuation.
Central Coast Council is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a healthy and safe work environment. Central Coast Council is committed to diversity in our community and workforce. We encourage Indigenous Australians, people with a disability and people from diverse backgrounds to apply to be part of our inclusive team.
If you are deaf, hearing or speech impaired, you can contact us through the National Relay Service TTY call 133 677 or Speak & Listen 1300 555 727.
Enquiries: James Taylor, Section Manager Governance Services, ph: 4325 8932
Closing Date: Applications close at Midnight on Wednesday 26 June 2019.