Junior Underwriter / Admin Assistant
Advertiser: Trident Insurance GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jun 2019
- Perth, Northern Suburbs & Joondalup
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Insurance & Superannuation, Underwriting
Trident Marine is a niche Insurance Underwriting Agency specialising in property and liability packages for the marine industry and others, and hull classes. We are amongst the fastest growing agencies in Australia with our Head Office in Mount Hawthorn, Perth.
We are seeking a Junior Underwriter/Admin Assistant to join our busy Underwriting team. The team is fun, energetic and welcoming – with a focus on working together and providing the best and most efficient service to both direct clients and insurance brokers.
You will be part of a team of Underwriters and will be responsible for:
- Underwriting and providing new quotes & renewal terms to brokers and direct clients for Pleasure craft (privately owned vessels)
- Servicing & building rapport with insurance brokers and direct clients
- Processing insurance renewals and new business documents
- Responding to enquiries
- Maintaining database records
- Credit control and obtaining payment from customers within trading terms
- General administration
- Must be computer literate with sound computer skills
- Must be capable in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must have a typing speed of at least 35wpm
This role would suit a junior or someone looking to enter a new industry. Whilst insurance knowledge may be advantageous, it is not a prerequisite.
You must have:
- A friendly, proactive attitude and the ability to fit into a diverse team
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to multitask and manage competing priorities
- Great attention to detail
- A flexible attitude towards duties
- 6+ months of office experience
- Be self motivated with a willingness to learn
You will be rewarded with a role in a rapidly growing agency where all staff are encouraged to share ideas, to innovate and to develop. All training is provided on the job and a career path is available as the business grows.
If you believe you are a good fit, please click 'APPLY NOW'
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your highest level of education?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?