Air Crew - Grade 3
Advertiser: Surf Life Saving Western AustraliaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jun 2019
- Perth, Fremantle & Southern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Aviation Services
Join an iconic brand! An exciting opportunity exists for a motivated and experienced aircrew to join our aerial surveillance team; dedicated to delivering services in the interest of public safety.
Surf Life Saving Western Australia (SLSWA) is an independent not-for-profit community service organisation, with a core purpose of 'saving lives and building great communities'.
To ensure SLSWA delivers on its core purpose, the organisation delivers contracted or volunteer services enabled by the Lifesaving department. Consistent delivery of these services, seven days per week, across the state is key to our success. As a result, the Lifesaving department is focused on achieving integration across the organisation and down to the front line (on beach).
Surveillance is the cornerstone of what we do. SLSWA’s regional aerial surveillance capability plays a crucial role in coastal safety and identifying emergencies. This includes locating on-beach hazards and identifying threats from marine life as well as responding to and supporting maritime search and rescue activities.
SLSWA is seeking an experienced individual to join the Aerial Surveillance team within the Lifesaving department, specifically the Westpac Lifesaver Rescue Helicopter team, on a full-time, fixed term basis as an Air Crew – Grade 3. This role is based out of Rous Head, North Fremantle in line with a shift-based roster.
This role provides support to and receives guidance and direction from the Aerial Surveillance Officer in achieving the outcomes of the SLSWA Strategic and Priority Plans for the 2019-2020 season.
The purpose of this role is:
- the effective execution of aerial surveillance and rescue services involving the SLSWA Westpac Lifesaver Rescue Helicopter,
- plan enablement and service delivery with an operational outlook on a quarter-to-quarter basis,
- to maintain compliance with respect to operational planning and performance as well as regulatory and internal compliance with respect to proficiency and capability.
The Air Crew – Grade 3 will perform an essential role in achieving these outcomes.
If you respond positively to the following statements, then this role is suited to you:
- You are passionate about leading teams at an operational level, with strong coaching and mentoring skills.
- You have a demonstrable ability to develop and implement robust plans to govern operational and training compliance in a dynamic operational environment.
- You can execute robust critical incident management including clear and timely communication.
- You are enthusiastic about continuous improvement and collaborating with others.
- You want to continually develop in your role within the organisation.
In this role, you will also need to;
- have demonstrable experience in helicopter operations with strong training, coaching and mentoring skills,
- have the ability to work in a small team in a challenging environment as well as with a range of key stakeholders,
- display composure under pressure with a high degree of professionalism,
- meet and maintain appropriate medical and training standards,
- hold a Cert IV in Training and Assessment (or equivalent),
- promote a strong focus on planned service delivery,
- excellent communication skills and a customer first focus, and
- be flexible and able to work rostered hours which include weekends and public holidays; as well as intrastate travel.
For more information and to ensure you meet the required selection criteria before applying, view the full position description at http://surflifesavingwa.com.au/about-us/slswa-employment
PBI salary packaging benefits are available and will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Principal location: 7 Delawney Street. BALCATTA WA 6021.
Click on the APPLY FOR THIS JOB button to submit your application in a PDF format, noting that:
- You must have the right to work permanently in Australia.
- Your covering letter should demonstrate how your skills and experience meet the key selection criteria.
- You should answer the questions included on SEEK.
SLSWA is an equal opportunity employer with commitment to safeguarding children and young people. All candidates will be required to undertake a working with children check.
*Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Shortlisting and interviewing will start immediately.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in the aviation industry?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Are you available to work on a rotating roster?
- Have you completed a qualification in aviation - flight operations?