Electorate OfficerPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Jun 2019
- Mornington Peninsula & Bass Coast
- $60,000 - $79,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Government & Defence, Government - State
About the business
The Hastings Electorate Office is the point of contact for constituents and local community groups to engage with the Member for Hastings regarding state government services and responsibilities.
We also act as a community office to assist with a range of local services to help build a strong and cohesive community.
About the role
The role of Media and Community Engagement adviser is to coordinate communications with the electorate including schools, community groups and constituents, local media and other activities at the discretion of the Member.
Key duties include, but are not limited to:
- Writing media releases
- Organising local media opportunities
- Updating the Member's website, Facebook and other social media platforms
- Building relationships with local and state-wide journalists
- Taking/editing photos
- Collating newsletters for localised distribution
- Producing and coordinating videos for social media
- Responsible for collating print material and Member's merchandise
- Coordinating advertising and communication materials
- Constituent engagement where required
- Coordination of community events and forums
- Providing support for Parliamentary speeches and activities
- Diary assistance where applicable
- Coordination of micro-campaigns targeting localised issues
To be successful in this role, ideally you will have had experience in another Electorate Office and or government relations role.
Experience in PR, communications and or journalism would be advantageous.
You will need to possess superior organisational skills, IT skills (including basic photography and video editing skills), have the ability to prioritise competing tasks and demonstrate excellent communication skills.
You must be a self-motivator and can also work independently when required.
The role does require some additional work on weekends and outside regular office hours, which an annual workload management allowance will be paid.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position please attach to your application:
• Your covering letter which outlines your experience against the role accountabilities, as described in the above position description.
• Your up-to-date resume which clearly details your skills and experience as relevant
Benefits and perks
Close-knit and hardworking team with an awesome opportunity to work with a wonderful, caring and inclusive community.