- Job Listing Date
- 13 Jun 2019
- Port Macquarie & Mid North Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
“Our employees are what make Busways work”
We are always trying to attract people with high quality traits to join our team and we currently have a full-time vacancy for an Operations Assistant at our Port Macquarie depot. The successful applicant will also be provided with all the necessary on the job training required to fulfill the role.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this role requires you to assist in the day to day operations of the bus depot.
The responsibilities of this position could include, but is not limited to:
- General reception and front counter administrative duties
- Assisting in day to day management and operations of a bus depot
- The distribution and dispatch of all incoming and outgoing mail, as well as responsibilities associated with stationery control, ordering and maintenance
- Carrying out depot reconciliation and banking as required
- Assisting in the maintenance of our staff rostering and wage records
- Generating, processing, analysing, actioning and filing of reports
- Awareness of WH&S requirements to ensure a safe working environment for all staff
- Effective communication skills - both written and verbal forms
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of the local area and surrounding suburbs
- The ability to handle multiple tasks at any given time with a proven ability to be able to effectively prioritise your workload
- A mature and professional approach in dealing with both internal and external stakeholders
- Prior experience in developing and motivating staff
Busways Group is one of the largest private bus operators in NSW, operating route, charter and school bus services in outer-metropolitan Sydney, the Central Coast and the NSW North Coast. We are a family run business with over 75 years' experience. Today we are a strong team of approximately 1400 staff delivering quality public transport with a fleet of over 700 buses across 16 depots.
Unfortunately due to the large number of applications that we usually receive, we are unable to contact all applicants and only short-listed applicants will be notified.
Busways is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to achieving a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.
No agency applications.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How many years' experience do you have as an administration support?