Experienced Station Hand
Advertiser: Dunkeld Pastoral CoMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Jun 2019
- Horsham & Grampians
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Farm Labour
Dunkeld Pastoral Co Pty Ltd is a family company with its principal base at Dunkeld in the southern Grampians region of Victoria. The company manages a diverse range of businesses across the agricultural, land management and tourism sectors.
In Dunkeld this consists of a large farming business integrating high productivity grazing enterprises with a dedicated conservation and land management program, as well as a horticultural team managing gardens, landscaping, orchards and vegetable production. In addition, the company owns the renowned Royal Mail Hotel, also located in Dunkeld.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As an experienced Farm Hand your role is to be a team player and contribute to the success of the Farm with your fellow workers. Your work will vary each day - from working with sheep, cattle, fencing, machinery, chemicals and general farm related duties. Safety will be at the forefront of everything you do!
Reporting to the Farm Manager, you will:
- Ensure the highest standards of animal health and welfare;
- Maintain accurate stock, chemical and feeding records;
- Operate and maintain plant and equipment;
- Adhere to company policies and safe work procedures;
- Ensure OHS policies and procedures are strictly followed.
You will be a resilient, energetic and self-motivated individual, keen to get stuck in and get the job done.
Ideally you will have:
- Two years’ experience in a similar role;
- Sound knowledge of procedures, initiates & completes operational tasks that contribute to the team;
- Demonstrated experience in the management and handling of livestock;
- Ability to support and work towards safe work procedures;
- Willingness to learn new systems of work;
- Demonstrated ability to follow directions from management and peers and work as a valuable team member;
- Motorbike skills are advantageous;
- You will have good working dogs
- Accommodation and reasonable utilities will be provided
- Additional benefits and allowances are provided
- Close proximity to the Southern Grampians and local downtime outdoor activities (fishing, local rodeos, Dunkeld races, rock climbing, canoeing, etc).
- Collaborative team environment
- Gain experience working in a beautiful part of country Victoria
Check out our website:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?