Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Advertiser: ST MICHAELS COLLEGIATE SCHOOLMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Jun 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Marketing & Communications, Marketing Assistants/Coordinators
About St Michael's Collegiate
St Michael's Collegiate is an outstanding K to 12 Anglican day and boarding school for girls. For 125 years, young women have been part of an exceptional learning community celebrated for its rich blend of academic excellence, sporting endeavours, creative arts and co-curricular activities. Set in the picturesque city of Hobart, Collegiate provides a world class education in a unique corner of the globe known for its scenic beauty, history and warm sense of community.
About the role
- Full-time, permanent position
- immediate start
Reporting to the Deputy Principal, the position contributes to building robust and enduring relationships with our parent community and community stakeholders. The position coordinates and manages the School’s marketing, promotional, communications and media activities to raise brand awareness, build on the reputation and create interest and in the School’s offering to;
- position the School as the preferred Tasmanian provider for girls’ education within the local, national and international communities;
- optimise enrolments at all year levels in conjunction with the Head of Enrolments;
- reinforce the School’s ethos and brand through the creation of a positive and lasting impression of the School as a preferred education provider; and
- ensure the heritage, values and mission are respected
The key duties include but are not limited to:
- Preparation and dissemination of regular communications and publications, promotional materials, marketing collateral and related resources,
- Copy write, book and oversee the design of print media/advertisements (in conjunction with graphic designers) as well as radio advertising;
- Contribute to the development and use of all School community communications, positioning statements and branding;
- Update and upload content to the School's external website and perform regular web monitoring and statistical analysis to support the delivery of the School's online marketing strategy.
- Support the preparation and delivery of the School's marketing events.
- Use the Microsoft Office suite of products to produce communications outputs in narrative, tabular, graphical and report formats for a variety of internal and external audiences.
- Update knowledge and understanding of the key trends in girls' education, the School's ethos and key marketing and enrolments priorities as directed by the supervisor.
FTE: Full-time (1.0)
Hours of Work: 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday
Remuneration: School Administrative Services (SAS) Level 5 in accordance with St Michael's Collegiate School (General and Early Childhood Education and Care Staff) Enterprise Agreement 2018.
- Subsidised parking provided on request
- Heated indoor pool facilities
- subsidised School tuition fees (subject to eligibility)
- great opportunities for professional development
Skills and Experience
- Capacity to work in an organised and systematic manner to meet deadlines in a high-volume environment.
- High attention to detail.
- excellent command of written English with copy accuracy.
- Excellent administrative skills and demonstrated capability in the use of the MS Office suite of applications.
- Proven interpersonal capability demonstrated through the provision of excellent service and teamwork
- ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Tertiary qualifications (Marketing)
- Previous experience in a marketing (or similar) role
- Strong writing and editorial skills with a proven ability to draft, edit and disseminate newsletters, engaging web content, publications and other written communications.
- Demonstrated ability to manage content for an external website including the capacity to utilise simple design/image editing programs and/or web content management applications.
- Experience with InDesign software, Illustrator and Photoshop software,
- Be supportive of the School's Christian ethos
Conditions of Employment
St Michael’s Collegiate School is an organisation committed to Child Protection and to the implementation of Child safe policies and practices.
The successful applicant will be subject to a Working With Vulnerable Persons Check and Criminal History Records Check where applicable. Our organisation undertakes several screening processes to ensure the appropriate protection of children in its care. This includes reference checks, qualification checks and professional registration checks.
It is conditional of employment that the successful applicant :
- Hold and maintain current Tasmanian Working With Vulnerable Persons check (RWVP) or the ability to obtain
- Gain a satisfactory National Police clearance
- Be authorised to work in Australia
- Undertake mandatory child safety training
All enquires related to this position should be directed to Anouk Harding, Human Resources Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (03) 6211 4911. For details on how to apply, please visit the School's website, www.collegiate.tas.edu.au
Applications should be forwarded by email to email@example.com by: COB Friday 28 June 2019.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in a marketing role?
- Have you completed a qualification in marketing?
- How many years' experience do you have in digital marketing?
- How would you rate your English language skills?