Junior Legal Assistant
Advertiser: Zaparas Services Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Jul 2019
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Legal, Law Clerks & Paralegals
About Our Firm
Founded in 1981, Zaparas Lawyers has a proud tradition of service as a family business supporting clients in compensable injury. Our strong Firm ethos is underscored by believing in a society where all individuals have appropriate redress when they suffer loss. In support of this ethos we do everything in our power to make the legal process as open, uncomplicated and as non-frightening for our clients as possible. By providing the best advice we achieve just compensation for clients and earn a strong reputation in our field.
We have multiple Junior Legal Assistant positions in Oakleigh office. We are looking for committed full time candidates.
You will provide crucial administrative support by carrying out a range of secretarial tasks which will assist the functioning of one or more practice groups. You will be responsible for a range of legal support and administration accountabilities as assigned by your supervisors. These include but are not limited to:
- Opening new files, preparing letters and correspondence, drafting medical legal letters of instruction, compiling briefs and court documents.
- File management - proactively liaising with the supervising solicitor and relevant parties to advance files.
- General administration and filing.
- Developing and maintaining billing systems.
- Monitoring critical dates to ensure deadlines are met.
- Diary management.
- Handling general client and stakeholder enquiries via telephone and face to face.
The Successful Applicant
The Junior Legal Assistant position at Zaparas will be both challenging and rewarding. We are looking for someone who:
- Is a self-motivated individual who can work efficiently.
- Has excellent communication skills and the ability to deal sensitively and confidently with clients.
- Has great attention to detail and is able to complete tasks to a high standard.
- Is a team player who is willing to share knowledge and help their peers.
- Relevant qualification in legal administration is desirable.
What's On Offer
You will be working in a close-knit team with supportive and friendly supervising lawyers. Your work will have a positive impact on the lives of our clients. We have a great culture that recognises and rewards our employees. You can continue to grow with a growing firm.
How To Apply
If you think this is the job that you have been searching for, please respond today by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a legal assistant?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Have you completed a legal support qualification?