Packaging Technologist - 12 month Fixed Term Contract
Advertiser: Carman's Fine FoodsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 17 Jun 2019
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Science & Technology, Food Technology & Safety
Carman's has been a delicious labor of love for over 26 years, growing across multiple channels with breakfast and snacking portfolio's in both domestic and international markets. A great success story, Carman's is a 100% Australian owned business that manufactures all products locally.
We are seeking a passionate, energetic and experienced Packaging Technologist to build Carman’s long-term packaging innovation funnel and support packaging specific projects through the supply chain. Reporting to the GM – Marketing & Innovation the role will sit within the marketing team and have a close relationship with the Packaging and Brand Design Manager.
The core responsibilities of this role are:
- Develop the Recycle Ready Roadmap working with existing suppliers and technical partners
- Provide recommendations on how to mitigate cost with materials and how they are managed in the supply chain
- Participate in packaging tender process – provide recommendations of cost improvement and focus areas
- Work on solutions for problems in existing range to improve performance of packaging
- Work in partnership with the product development team where new formats or materials are being considered on projects.
- Lead the packaging requirements for major projects in the business such as transition to new equipment and large-scale capital upgrades
- Reporting within the packaging covenant responsibilities
- Packaging innovation – thought leadership for future advancing packaging opportunities within planning
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Regulatory environment experience – Packaging Covenant and Food Standards Code
- Strong technical understanding of packaging materials and functional properties
- Creative orientation
- Experience working as a packaging technologist in the FMCG industry sector, experience with flexible films, pouches and paperboard
- Regularly and collaboratively engage with internal stakeholders
- Ensure delivery to Carman’s brand standards
- Clearly define, articulate and manage guidelines for packaging structure choices
- Manage relationships through the supply chain and with relevant agencies
- Identification of efficiency opportunities in how packaging materials and the printing process is managed
- Focus on consistency, follow through and attention to detail
As an active team member of Marketing and broader Carman’s business, it’s a very exciting time to be a part of the Carman's family, you will be supported by our flexible ways of working, great people and many non-financial benefits. For more information about Carman's, go to www.carmanskitchen.com.au
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Have you completed a qualification in food science?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Have you worked in a role which requires experience with product research & development?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?