Electrical fire services technician
Advertiser: ARA FIRE PROTECTION SERVICESMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 23 Jul 2019
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Electricians
ARA FIRE Pty Ltd is an Australian owned and operated fire protection provider.
Due to changes within our Sydney operations we seek expressions of interest for the following key positions:
Fire alarm service & minor works technician/electrician
Fire alarm contracts technician/electrician
ARA FIRE has made a significant investment in paperless technology for all inspection and testing processes. Previous experience with a service management data base and electronic recording system would be advantageous to the successful applicant.
ARA FIRE is a progressive, community focused and family oriented employer. Technical excellence, ongoing training and development and long term direct employment are the keystones of the business.
The general outline of this position is to carry out repairs and installation of the following:
Fire alarm systems, EWIS, and other electrical detection & evacuation systems.
Programming skills of the above is an advantage.
You will develop and maintain mutually prosperous relationships with key business stake holders and clients alike this role is supported by a project manager/working supervisor and administrative staff.
The successful candidate will be from an electrical background. Knowledge of fire alarm systems will be very advantageous, previous experience in this field is essential as a minimum.
This position comes with an attractive hourly rate, company car or motor vehicle allowance, uniform and phone. With all business related expenses reimbursed.
The core responsibilities for the role are:
- Carry out repairs to all types of fire alarm detection systems, EWIS etc
- Customer service
- Technical support for customers, service technicians and other business stake holders
- Maintain compliance with respective codes and standards
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements and company policy and procedures with respect to QA and EH&S
- Seek new opportunities for new business
- Promotion of ARA Fire and associated ARA Group companies service and products
Key experience and requirements:
- Fire alarms background essential
- Strong leadership with a hands on approach
- Excellent communication skill both interpersonal and documented
- Proactive approach to problem resolution
- Attention to detail and accurate presentation of reports and documentation
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong desire to ensure customer satisfaction
- Energetic, responds well to a fast moving environment and has a team player approach
Please forward a brief cover letter outlining your previous experience and achievements, along with a detailed Resume to Jobs@arafire.com.au With the position in the subject line
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence.
Telephone enquiries will not be accepted at this stage.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you hold a Construction Induction Safety certificate (White Card)?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?