Junior Desktop and Web Developer
Advertiser: Great Big EventsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 4 Jul 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Information & Communication Technology, Developers/Programmers
Great Big Events (GBE) is an internationally renowned Sport Presentation and Cultural Events producing and management company. We are a team of enthusiastic workers with a passion for delivering exceptional event experiences around the world.
With a growing portfolio of events globally and expanding product offering including in-house development we are always on the look out for new people to join our team now and in the future.
Candidates will be highly motivated, adaptable to participate in a team environment and contribute to existing processes. You will have a high attention to detail and enjoy working efficiently to a timeline.
Responsibilities could include;
- Working with an agile team to develop, test, and maintain web and desktop-based applications built on a variety of technology platforms.
- Meeting with internal client groups to ascertain project requirements.
- Preparing and maintaining manuals, knowledge-base articles, technical documentation and other documentation relating to software operation and development process.
- Participating in peer-reviews of solution design and development.
- Maintaining high-quality development principles and contributing to in-house policies, while delivering solutions within specified time and budget parameters.
- Contribute to planning, implementation and maintenance of service infrastructures.
- Providing end-user support to business users relating to software and wider infrastructure.
- Desktop development experience utilising C-based dialects (eg: C++, Swift or Qt)
- Web development experience utilising modern web technologies (eg: PHP, HTML5, CSS, Jquery)
- Background in client/server application development and deployment
- Practical experience in agile development, continuous integration and unit testing.
- Applicants must have the right to work in Australia (eg: Aus/NZ passport or Australian work permit).
- This role is located at our international headquarters in Sydney.
Applicants should send a cover letter, outlining their experience related to the role, and resume to: email@example.com
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?