Nurse Practitioner / Nurse Practitioner Candidate Palliative Care
Advertiser: Ipswich Hospice Care Inc.More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Aug 2019
- Brisbane, Western Suburbs & Ipswich
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Nursing - General Medical & Surgical
About the business
Ipswich Hospice Care is a 7-bed community palliative care facility located in the heart of Ipswich.
We offer flexibility as a family-friendly workplace, charity employee tax benefits, ongoing support for professional development, a supportive team culture and a cheerful work environment. Our facility is located on tranquil grounds close to the Ipswich town centre, with ample on-street parking.
About the role
We are searching for an experienced Nurse Practitioner in palliative care or a Nurse Practitioner Candidate with a minimum of five years specialist palliative care nursing experience.
This new role will enhance our nursing team and provide expert palliative care nursing knowledge and skills, within a framework of collaboration and advance practice nursing. The Nurse Practitioner or Nurse Practitioner Candidate will also work with the Director of Nursing to build capacity within existing services and identify opportunities for future service development.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Registration as a registered nurse with current National registration in accordance with the requirements of the Australian Health Practitioner Registration Authority (AHPRA)
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in palliative care nursing
- Ability to mentor and provide education informally and within formal settings
- Demonstrated ability in effective communication and negotiation skills
- A commitment to person centred care to enhance service delivery
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous quality improvement processes and evidence based palliative care
If you are an experienced Nurse Practitioner, you will also need:
- Endorsement as a Nurse Practitioner in accordance with the requirements of AHPRA
- Postgraduate qualification(s) relevant to this position from a registered tertiary institution
If you are a Nurse Practitioner Candidate you will need to be enrolled in a postgraduate advanced practice nursing qualification that will lead to endorsement as a Nurse Practitioner with AHPRA within two years.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to be part of a new chapter for Ipswich Hospice. For more information or a copy of the position description please contact Rosie Laidlaw, Acting Director of Nursing via firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please send your resume and a covering letter outlining your experience and key attributes for this role (no more than two sides of A4) to: email@example.com.
Applications close 5pm on Wednesday 18th September 2019.