Accounts / Finance Officer
Advertiser: Acworth RecruitmentMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Jul 2019
- Brisbane, Northern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Accounting, Accounts Officers/Clerks
About the Business:
PETRO Industrial is a leading manufacturer, marketer and supplier of commercial refuelling and lubrication storage and dispensing equipment globally. They are GLOCA - that is, they are a Global Business with Local Branch Operations strategically positioned throughout the world. PETRO Industrial (www.petroind.com) has branches located throughout Australia, in South Africa, United Arab Emirates and Canada.
The PETRO Industrial team brings an enormous amount of knowledge and experience to the market. The team has been handpicked and brings a wealth of both petroleum company and equipment supply, engineering and specification experience to their customers.
“We want to be the best to those who want to be the best with us”.
About the Role:
Based at Narangba, you will be a valued member of a small, but close-knit and supportive team. This is a genuine part-time opportunity for a professional, reliable, capable and friendly Accounts / Finance Assistant to support the accounts payable & receivable functions, as well as bank reconciliations, statements and general support.
We’re looking for someone that is positive, dedicated, forward thinking and willing to chip in with anything that is thrown at you to support business operations. Your desire and ability to produce efficient and accurate work will ensure your fit within the team.
Your Skills and Attributes:
- Minimum 2 years demonstrated experience in a similar role with proven capability in accounts payable & receivable, reconciliations, and general support OR Tertiary qualifications in Commerce / Accounting or other related field (or in the process of gaining).
- Previous experience in companies involved in Manufacturing, and/or Importing is desirable.
- Experience in the use of an accounting system such as Saasu, Xero, QuickBooks or similar as well as sound computer skills including the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Proven time management skills with a highly organised approach.
- Understand the need for urgency and ability to chase up on outstanding items to meet deadlines.
- Exceptional attention to detail with strong data entry skills.
- Strong customer service skills, ethical standards and sense of loyalty
- Be self-motivated and have the ability to use common sense and initiative.
- Good communication skills, positive, friendly and outcome focused.
- Excellent team and big picture focus.
What’s on Offer:
- Genuine Part-time role working 25hrs/ week (9:00am to 2:30pm Monday to Friday. These hours may be negotiable for the right candidate).
- An exceptional opportunity to join a growing GLOCAL business with strong culture and values.
- Well-developed operating policies and procedures to ensure consistent service delivery.
- An hourly rate of $22-$26 per hour plus superannuation will be offered to the successful candidate dependant on qualifications and experience (Note: This is a Permanent Part-Time role, hence you will accrue sick leave and annual leave).
If this role sounds like the Career Opportunity you've been looking for, please submit your application (CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role) now!!
Please note that only applicants meeting the criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the short-listing process.
All applications will be treated as strictly confidential. Thank you in advance for your interest.