Advertiser: Convic Australia Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 Jul 2019
- Melbourne, Northern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Pickers & Packers
About the role:
Convic Australia is a family owned and operated business. We are a distributor of pipes, fittings and accessories throughout Australia, based in Thomastown.
We are looking for a highly motivated, reliable and punctual individual who is physically fit to perform manual labour duties as well as being presentable, organized and having great interpersonal skills for dealing with our customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- General Warehouse duties
- Accurately picking and packing orders
- Loading and receiving trucks
- Confirming stock
- Regular cleaning & maintaining warehouse
- Operating a forklift
- Maintaining inventory and stock control
- Processing orders on computer system
- Good understanding of OH&S requirements
- Delivering goods if need be (MEDIUM RIGID TRUCK LICENSE IS DESIRABLE)
- Basic hands on experience
- Physically fit to perform manual labour
- Ability to work both individually and in a small team environment
- Excellent listening skills
- Great interpersonal skills to serve customers
- Common sense and problem solving with attention to detail
- Basic computer skills for computer system
To be successful in this role:
- Full drivers licence
- High risk forklift licence
- Punctual and reliable
- Ability to pass pre-employment medical and drug/alcohol test if required
Applicants without a forklift license will not be considered.
- Do you have picker packer experience?
- Which of the following forklift licences do you have?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?
- How many years' experience do you have as a storeperson?