- Job Listing Date
- 22 Jul 2019
- Ballarat & Central Highlands
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Power Generation & Distribution
Mammoet, the largest heavy lifting and transport company in the world, helps clients improve construction efficiency and optimize the uptime of plants and installations. Since 2003, Mammoet has installed hundreds of wind turbines in Australia and is a well-respected leader in the erection and installation of wind turbines. With our Australian Logistics, Crane and Installation crews working together as fully integrated teams, Mammoet offers a unique service to the booming Australian renewables market.
Mammoet is seeking a seriously ambitious Project Manager required for an immediate start, to drive the growth of this professional and growing business.
Stop becoming. Start being.
“When you work as a team, you are instantly part of something bigger. You become part of a culture of learning that gives both the confidence and skills to contribute immediately. Not somewhere in the future, but right now!”
Reporting to the Project Director you will be responsible for managing all aspects of a project by means of people, contract, risk management, project preparation, execution and project controlling in line with applicable internal standards, procedures, systems and local legislation, in order to ensure the project is executed and the deliverables are met in line with the agreed contract requirements.
As a Project Manager, you will also be involved in the tasks such as:
- Providing a high level of guidance, leadership, and support to project site team
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with clients, sub-contractors, existing staff, and owners.
- Work closely with the client, site supervisors and site personnel to ensure the project is delivered safely with quality and on time.
- Manage your team through all aspects of project delivery including change management, schedule management, quality and risk management, budget, cost control, and cost forecasting
- Develop project planning, resourcing requirements and operational budget for a successful erection and assembly of wind turbines project execution.
- Pro-actively manage the challenges and identify improvement opportunities across the project.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Preparation and presentation of monthly cost report and claims for invoicing together with the project controls manager.
- Identify contract scope changes and manages change order to customers
- Liaise with clients to identify and define requirements, scope and objectives
- Transfer of information on safety alerts and others relevant topics
Essential skills and experience for this role include:
- Degree qualification in Construction Management & Economics, Engineering or Quantity Surveying is preferable
- 8+ years experience in similar project management role
- Experience delivering Victorian projects above $50M (desirable)
- Strong industry references and tenure with previous employers
- Experience of dealing with site based individuals
- Delivering results and customer expectations
- Adapting and responding to change
- Confident; able to provide accurate results and assume appropriate responsibility.
- A current, unrestricted Australian Drivers License
- Be fluent in English and hold full working rights in Australia
- Be flexible and willing to work long hours, and occasionally travel to remote project locations across Australia
The right person for this role also will be flexible and show strong initiative to solve the problems that occur in the life of a project. You will have exceptional communication and client management skills. Most of all you are passionate about and enjoy projects that challenge your skills and develop your career.
Working for Mammoet
Mammoet is full of people who love what they do. Loyal, hardworking and with a desire to find the best way to do their job. They are open and outspoken. Even blunt at times. But always with a sense of humour and respect for each other’s qualities. When you spread this attitude around the world amazing things can happen. If you want to be the best you can possibly be, then Mammoet might just be your company. Reach out and join us. You’ll be surprised by the difference you can make.
The role is for remote, non-FIFO project work. Currently based in the Ballarat Region, accommodation and transport to & from the work location can be provided.
This is an opportunity that will see you work as part of a team that is supportive and passionate about being involved in Australian wind projects, and become part of the exciting new clean-and-green energy future of Australia.
Applications for this role close on 19th August 2018. We appreciate that your time is valuable, and therefore you can expect to hear from us within 3 weeks of the closing date.
Mammoet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and promotes equality and diversity. Indigenous Australian and candidates from minority groups are encouraged to apply.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a project manager?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?