Customer Service Assistant
Advertiser: Australia Institute of Business & TechnologyMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 22 Jul 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Waiting Staff
This is food service assistant role responsible for providing high level restaurant quality service and coordination within the Sheldon School of Hospitality trainers.
AIBT is a private vocational education provider delivering almost 100 different Australian qualifications to international students from over 55 countries. AIBT has 2 main types of international students – one looking towards academic pathways to universities, and the other interested in vocational training to gain a skill and be job ready. Within Australia we have seven state- of- the- art campuses in Brisbane, Sydney and Hobart, as well as our signature Training Restaurants, two Engineering Workshops and an international campus in Singapore.
Currently, we deliver our training across 9 main faculties:
- Branson School of Business
- Diana School of Community Services
- Fleming School of Health Sciences
- Ace Aviation Aerospace Academy
- Bespoke School of Grammar
- Ada School of IT
- Sheldon School of Hospitality
- Edison School of Tech Sciences
- Fauchard School of Dental Sciences
Established in 2015, AIBT today has recruited over 4,000 international students. The business has transitioned from a small training institute to a reputed and culturally diverse organisation in Australia. To continue riding on our success story, we require a customer service assistant who can deliver and serve high quality food and support the Hospitality trainers during the practical classes. You will be responsible for providing high level support and coordination to deliver overall growth and long-term sustainability.
Key Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Ensure consistent great food production, in line with the high-quality standard.
- Plating and serving of food.
- Support kitchen operations.
- Perform tasks within a timely manner.
- Assist other Hospitality trainers wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships.
- Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues.
- Comply with security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation.
- Meet all health and hygiene requirements.
- Be environmentally aware.
- Have previously worked in the restaurant as waiter or customer service attendant.
- Must have Barista Experience.
- Ability to operate a point of sale system.
- Cash reconciliation.
- Positive attitude.
- Good communication skills.
- Proven ability to work with a team and to follow instruction.
- A passion to learn and a drive to succeed in a culinary/hospitality career.
- Ability to maintain hygiene standards within a restaurant environment.
- A passion for food and the culinary arts.
- Experience multi-tasking and working in an environment with rigorous standards.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a customer service assistant?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- How many years' experience do you have as a barista?