Advertiser: Camberwell Grammar SchoolMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Aug 2019
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Gardening & Landscaping
Reporting to the Assistant Property Manager (APM) the role of the Turf Curator is to assist in the maintenance of the general appearance and presentation of the School sports field, ovals and other fields used by the School.
Key responsibilities of this position will include, but are not limited to;
- Prepare and maintain the school cricket pitch and practice wickets
- Maintain the School's synthetic hockey pitch and Junior School multi-purpose sports field
- Preparation and maintenance of the Sports field (mowing, fertilizing, using insecticides and herbicides)
- Assist with the maintenance of the School's lawns
- Ensure that plant and equipment is maintained in good and safe working order compliant with OH&S legislation
- Assist the APM in planning future grounds development work and maintenance according to the school's busy sporting calendar
- Monitor the programming and operation of irrigation systems (incl. repair and maintenance)
- Setting up and preparation of sporting ovals for School sports activities in locations other than the School – including setting out playing fields, line marking, erecting and dismantling of sports equipment, goal posts, marquees etc. (some Saturday work)
- Towing and operation of machinery at various sites
- Monitor turf and playing surface conditions - identify and resolve any issues that may arise.
To be considered for this role you must possess the following:
- 5+ years of experience in Sports Ground and Turf maintenance (essential)
- Relevant qualifications in Turf Management - minimum - Diploma of Sports Turf Management (essential)
- Current chemical application certificate & White Card
- Previous experience in Turf cricket pitch preparation (essential)
- Knowledge and skills in safe operation, care and optimum practice in use of machinery and equipment
- Excellent knowledge of plants, pests & diseases (essential)
- Knowledge and understanding of OH&S requirements (e.g. Council & Government Regulations)
- Experience monitoring, controlling and overseeing project activities
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours – some weekend work will be required (essential)
- Knowledge and appreciation of OH&S (essential)
- You will also be required to provide a Working with Children (Employee) and Police Check (at your own cost)
To view a copy of the position description please go to our Careers page: https://www.cgs.vic.edu.au/contact-1/career-opportunties
** Important Application Note: Please attach your resume and also include your salary expectations in your application via the "Apply for this job" button.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE SUNDAY 25th AUGUST @ 11PM
Camberwell Grammar School is committed to Child Safety. Candidates must be able to demonstrate an understanding of appropriate behaviours when engaging with children and where appropriate be able to demonstrate experience working with children. Applicants will have the opportunity to indicate their understanding of, or any experience they have in working with children with diverse needs and/or backgrounds.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How many years' experience do you have as a gardener?
- Do you hold a Construction Induction Safety certificate (White Card)?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?