Assistant Events Coordinator
Advertiser: St Andrews HotelMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 22 Jul 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $50,000 - $54,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Management
About the business
The St Andrews Conservatory at The St Andrews Hotel - Fitzroy is a multi award winning function and event venue. We host weddings, engagements, birthdays, christenings, corporate functions and more. We are a close-knit, hands on team with a supportive and enjoyable work environment.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an aspiring Events Coordinator.
Working side by side with our Events Coordinator, the key focus is to assist with the coordination of all our functions and participate in the day to day running of the venue.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic person who wants to learn the ropes and gain experience in a busy, award winning function venue.
You will be assisting with:
- Sales - including meeting with potential clients and converting into bookings
- Details - meeting with clients to finalise event details and creating clear and precise Event Order Sheets
- Setting – setting the venue as per client's instructions and pack down of events at conclusion
- Hosting – being the client point of contact, ensuring everything runs to schedule
- Sporadic bar and bistro work in the front of the Hotel
As with any Events Industry role, hours will be primarily weekends and late nights.
Skills and experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- a strong work ethic & the passion for weddings and events
- a happy, confident and energetic personality
- hospitality experience
- the ability to work well in high pressure environments
- extremely high attention to detail
- the ability to work well in a team and be able to both give and take instructions
- good sales skills
- pride in their appearance and presentation
Job benefits and perks
We are a strong team with extremely supportive management to enable the highest level of operations. Our business and our reputation has been built on over 20-years of successful events.
Highly experienced team offering you guidance and knowledge. This position has huge career development opportunities.
An immediate start is available for this full time role with all benefits included.
Central Fitzroy location.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in the hospitality & tourism industry?
- Do you have customer service experience?