Advertiser: Creature Technology CompanyMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 23 Jul 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Trades & Services, Welders & Boilermakers
Founded in Melbourne, Australia in 2006, an exceptionally talented team of designers, engineers, technicians and artisans set a new benchmark for animatronics with each new project. Combining state-of-the-art technology with artistic mastery, Creature Technology Co.’s expertise ensures live experiences inspire wonder and awe in audiences worldwide.
Previous creations include the jaw-dropping dinosaurs for Walking with Dinosaurs –The Arena Spectacular; the three remarkable mascots for the 2014 Olympic Winter Games Opening and Closing Ceremonies; and the incredible King Kong puppet for the award-winning Broadway musical.
Creature Technology Co. is a unique company that is manufacturer, software design firm, puppet-maker, engineering company, artist’s studio and entertainment creator all rolled into one. The successful candidate will work in a stimulating and dynamic environment making the world’s best large-scale animatronic creatures in our Port Melbourne headquarters for export to an expanding global market.
Our Creature Technology Co. (CTC) Workshop Co-ordinator will be responsible for timely, efficient and high-quality assistance in our busy workshop, supporting our mechanical fabrication team.
Core Duties are:
- Manage Workshop quality control procedures and associated paperwork
- Liaise with weld inspectors and other quality control consultants
- Receive and process task sheets and organise components for fabricators to ensure they have everything they need for their fabrication tasks ahead of time
- Coordinate paint preparations and paint runs for current and upcoming projects
- Manage all component storage
- Undertake goods receival and associated administration
- Take active responsibility for own Occupational Health & Safety and assist to maintain a safe and healthy workplace at CTC more broadly
- Comply with Creature Technology’s policies and procedures and with relevant legislation and regulations
- Other duties as directed
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Intermediate knowledge of mechanical assembly and steel fabrication processes
- Ability to read complex engineering drawings, including a good understanding of weld symbols
- A basic knowledge Australian welding codes and standards (eg. AS1554, etc.)
- Competent computer and standard MS Office software skills
- Basic experience with, or aptitude for, Solidworks engineering modelling software would be advantageous
- Strong organisational and time management skills, and great attention to detail
- Ability to work under minimal supervision either as an individual or part of a team
- Flexibility to adapt to evolving work demands and schedules
- Great communication skills including the ability to interpret instructions and procedures
- Prior experience in workshop practices will be considered advantageous.
- Engineering Trade qualification or similar
- A current Forklift License is highly desirable as would be a license for EWP.
The position reports to the Head of Engineering Fabrication
The position is based at Creature Technology Company at 461 Plummer St, Port Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
The expectation is that the Workshop Co-ordinator will typically work 7.30am – 4.00pm with a degree of flexibility required. The position includes superannuation, personal leave, annual leave and a tool allowance
Please send your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role by Friday 16th August 2019 at 4:30pm.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a fabricator?
- Do you have experience with inventory management?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- What's your highest level of education?