Control Systems Engineer
Advertiser: Creature Technology CompanyMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 26 Jul 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Engineering, Systems Engineering
Founded in Melbourne, Australia in 2006, an exceptionally talented team of designers, engineers, technicians and artisans set a new benchmark for animatronics with each new project. Combining state-of-the-art technology with artistic mastery, Creature Technology Co.’s expertise ensures live experiences inspire wonder and awe in audiences worldwide.
Previous creations include the jaw-dropping dinosaurs for Walking with Dinosaurs –The Arena Spectacular; the three remarkable mascots for the 2014 Olympic Winter Games Opening and Closing Ceremonies; and the incredible King Kong puppet for the award-winning Broadway musical.
Creature Technology Co. is a unique company that is manufacturer, software design firm, puppet-maker, engineering company, artist’s studio and entertainment creator all rolled into one. The successful candidate will work in a stimulating and dynamic environment making the world’s best large-scale animatronic creatures in our Port Melbourne headquarters for export to an expanding global market.
The Controls System Engineer (CSE) is responsible for timely, efficient and high-quality engineering of controls systems developed for use on Creature Technology Co. projects.
The Controls System Engineer will work closely with Electrical Engineers and hardware specialists and be involved in all aspects of the system engineering; from clearly documenting the system design, developing the control system software, and actively participating in the commissioning & testing of the product.
Core Duties are:
- Contribute to the design of system architecture and suitable component selection
- Software engineering, including PLC programming and application development
- Testing, debugging and maintenance of software
- Configure, test and commission control system equipment
- Collaborate on the electrical design of the controls systems
- Fault-find control system hardware and associated mechanical equipment
- Prepare and maintain documentation including specifications, diagrams, operator manuals, test plans and procedures
- Other duties within the scope of the role as required.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Minimum 3-5 years demonstrated technical experience and competence in a Controls environment
- Thorough understanding of programming across a broad range of languages
- Advanced problem-solving skills for control systems
- Experience in programming Beckhoff industrial controllers and Ignition HMI platform will be highly regarded
- Ability to work under minimal supervision either as an individual or part of a team
- Flexibility to adapt to evolving work demands and schedules
- Good communication skills including the ability to interpret and convey instructions and procedures
- Strong attention to detail.
- Tertiary qualification in relevant discipline or equivalent technical work experience.
- The Control Systems Engineer will report to the Head of the Controls Department, while being directed by the Senior Systems Engineer on a day to day basis.
- The position is based at The Creature Technology Company at 461 Plummer Street, Port Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- The Controls System Engineer is expected to work our standard workshop hours of 7.30am – 4.00pm, Monday through Friday with a degree of flexibility required
- A current Victorian Driver’s License and Australian Passport is required
- Creature Technology primarily works on international projects and the CSE can expect that some overseas travel will be a feature of the role.
Commencing initially on a 12 month fixed-term contract, this is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a professional and dynamic team creating world-class animated creatures in a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
Please send your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role by COB 23 August 2019.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a systems engineer?