Electrical CAD Drafter
Advertiser: Creature Technology CompanyMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 26 Jul 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Engineering, Engineering Drafting
Founded in Melbourne, Australia in 2006, an exceptionally talented team of designers, engineers, technicians and artisans set a new benchmark for animatronics with each new project. Combining state-of-the-art technology with artistic mastery, Creature Technology Co.’s expertise ensures live experiences inspire wonder and awe in audiences worldwide.
Previous creations include the jaw-dropping dinosaurs for Walking with Dinosaurs –The Arena Spectacular; the three remarkable mascots for the 2014 Olympic Winter Games Opening and Closing Ceremonies; and the incredible King Kong puppet for the award-winning Broadway musical.
Creature Technology Co. is a unique company that is manufacturer, software design firm, puppet-maker, engineering company, artist’s studio and entertainment creator all rolled into one. The successful candidate will work in a stimulating and dynamic environment making the world’s best large-scale animatronic creatures in our Port Melbourne headquarters for export to an expanding global market.
The Electrical CAD Drafter works within our Controls department and is responsible for undertaking timely, efficient and quality electrical CAD drafting work on Creature Technology Co. (CTC) projects.
Core Duties are:
- Undertake electrical CAD drafting on animatronic creatures and complementary elements
- Ensure all drawings comply with CTC and client requirements
- Revise drawings as required and incorporate feedback and learnings into future designs
- Use design expertise to innovate and problem solve as part of the overall Creature Technology team
- PDM Administration
- Under direction, prepare and maintain documentation and technical reports including specifications, diagrams, operator manuals CAD templates and procedures
- Liaising with Production Management and Procurement departments as required.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Demonstrated capacity for high-quality and timely electrical CAD design, ideally in the production of animatronics or similar
- Highly experienced at relevant software applications, notably CAD design programs EPLAN Electric P8 and SolidWorks is essential
- High-level knowledge of Australian electrical standards and codes. American standards and codes will also be highly regarded
- Good communication skills including the ability to elicit requirements from clients and colleagues and interpret the implications from a ‘real world’ perspective
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Able to work well within a team, collaborating and consulting with subject matter experts
- Mature, professional demeanour with a flexible attitude.
- Tertiary qualification in Electrical Design or in a relevant discipline, or equivalent experience.
- The position reports to the Head of Controls or their delegate
- The position is based at Creature Technology Co. at 461 Plummer Street, Port Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- The expectation is that the Electrical CAD Drafter will typically work between the hours of 7.30am – 4.00pm with a degree of flexibility required
- Commencing with an initial 12 month contract, with option to extend.
If this opportunity sounds of interest, please submit your resume and a cover letter that clearly addresses the key selection criteria by COB 23rd August 2019.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following CAD software do you have experience with?
- Have you completed a qualification in engineering drafting / engineering design?