- Job Listing Date
- 29 Jul 2019
- Gladstone & Central QLD
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Government & Defence, Government - Local
Manager & Curator – Gladstone Regional Art Gallery & Museum 10049
The Gladstone Region is a dynamic Central Queensland coastal region that provides an enviable lifestyle and economic stability for more than 63,000 residents. Gladstone Regional Council is committed to a dynamic, proud and diverse future for the Gladstone region that focuses on working together to balance our Region’s lifestyle and opportunity. Our success is built on a foundation of safe, engaged, high performing talent and teams and a values-based culture centred around our SERVICE principles.
Council is seeking to appoint a permanent full-time Manager & Curator - Gladstone Regional Art Gallery and Museum to contribute to Council’s success.
This is a key management role within the Community Development & Events Business Unit, focusing on the curatorial direction of its visual arts and historical collections, design of public programs to engage with the community and tourism markets, heritage management and the leadership of the Gladstone Regional Art Gallery & Museum team.
- Tertiary qualifications in Visual Arts, Museology (or related discipline) together with high level discipline knowledge and relevant experience as a Gallery or Museum Curator.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience managing high level performance and fostering teamwork.
- High level business collaboration, negotiation, conflict resolution and relationship building skills to engage with and influence key stakeholders and employees.
- High level interpersonal, communication and conflict resolution skills to effectively resolve matters relevant to the section.
- Availability to work outside of normal hours and travel as required.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite and operating corporate business systems.
- Legally able to drive a motor vehicle in Queensland.
Applicants are required to answer the job specific screening questions and provide a resume, as this forms part of the application process. For further information about the role, please refer to the position description.
We are fortunate to live in an attractive, growing region and proud to be able to provide opportunity for personal growth and career development for our employees. You will have the opportunity to grow your career within a progressive local government organisation, working within a high performing team that values your contribution. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary including generous superannuation and a flexible roster that supports a generous work-life balance. We also offer a range of employee benefits including free physiotherapy and discounted health cover and fitness memberships.
Please be advised that the preferred candidate for this position, as a condition of employment, may be required to complete a criminal history check, a medical assessment and a skills assessment.
Council is committed to connecting with the Gladstone region community. Aboriginal, Torres Strait and South Sea Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
Position closes 12 noon Friday 23 August 2019