Advertiser: Industry BeansMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 29 Jul 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Bar & Beverage Staff
Launched in 2013, Industry Beans is an award-winning specialty coffee roaster, café operator, wholesale and retail brand. From grassroots beginnings, Industry Beans has grown into a refined hospitality and coffee brand, with exciting opportunities for hospitality professionals of every experience looking to grow within an innovative and diverse company.
Already operating across three venues – a flagship café and roastery in Fitzroy, Melbourne, a design-led espresso bar in Melbourne CBD and a specialty café in Sydney CBD – Industry Beans is now preparing to open its biggest flagship venue in Newstead, Brisbane.
Combining premium dining with an immersive coffee experience including an on-site roastery, Industry Beans Newstead will be Brisbane’s newest and most innovative specialty coffee and food experience.
We’re looking for a team of Baristas to deliver a premium coffee program at our first Brisbane venue. The right Baristas will be experienced and passionate, with a strong work ethic and focus to deliver a memorable customer experience
This role offers the opportunity to:
- Be a key part of the open team of a recognised brand
- Work with a leading specialty coffee roaster with an innovative approach to coffee
- Be supported by an award-winning roasting team, Head Barista and Head of Coffee
- Brew a range of espresso blends and single origins, and a variety of filter methods
- Work with state-of-the-art coffee equipment including a La Marzocco Modbar
- Position yourself to grow within an exciting company with future opportunities
You’ll be perfect for this role if you have:
- A passion for specialty coffee and hospitality
- 2 years’ experience working with specialty coffee
- Exceptional barista skills (latte art, filter brewing, dialing in, troubleshooting etc.)
- A strong work ethic with a customer focused and positive attitude
- The desire to engage with customers about our coffee, menu and brand
- The ability to work minimum three days a week including weekends
Please apply with a cover letter detailing your experience in the areas outlined above. We look forward to hearing from you!
- How many years' experience do you have as a barista?
- Do you have professional experience with latte art?
- Do you hold a current Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificate?
- Which of the following types of coffee do you have experience preparing?