2IC Second Office Hobart
Advertiser: Second OfficeMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 29 Jul 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Retail & Consumer Products, Retail Assistants
Second Office is in the middle of an exciting growth period and is looking to employ a dynamic 2IC to join their commercial furniture team in Hobart. Second Office has 2 stores in Tasmania. They sell various commercial furniture solutions direct to a number of corporate clients and are also seeking to establish themselves more in the project fit out market.
This role will see you working with a small team and your role will be of an all rounder, dealing with incoming enquiries via phone and website in addition to dealing with showroom walk ins and some new business calls. You will be based in the showroom initially, including doing deliveries and installs. As you gain product knowledge this role will also develop into sales and this will involve going out on site, measuring up for quotes and selling commercial furniture to varied clients. You will be measured against sales targets, budgets and KPI’s and will work in a friendly, social team environment.
We are seeking candidates with the following skills and experience;
- Similar management or sales experience ideally within the office products industry.
- An interest in commercial furniture, sales or installation.
- Superb communication and presentation skills.
- A proactive approach to your working career.
- Strong team player with a stable track record in a supervisory role.
- Manual driver’s licence with delivery and installation experience.
Passion. Collaboration. Empowerment. Personalisation. Innovation.
Sourcing and recruiting staff for various roles (interviews to be carried out with the Manager). Implement operations procedures and ensure the staff follow these at all times. Developing, inspiring and motivating the team, lead by example and represent best practice at all times (essentially the face and voice of the Manager at a store level). Challenge all employees to over deliver at all times
Working closely with our Manager on weekly orders
Maintain a good relationship with all suppliers (monthly meeting with the Manager to discuss)
Research and understand latest market products to be reviewed by the Manager
Conduct monthly stock takes
Be well trained in using MYOB from an inventory management point of view
Ensure the right procedures are followed when receiving stock
Daily reporting on: sales, staff, positives and negatives as well as ideas for improvement (must be consistent and precise)
Achieving daily, weekly & monthly sales targets
Creating ways to motivate staff to hit these, with the Manager
Working closely with the Manager on ways to generate sales and leads if targets are not being met
Duties include: banking, rostering, approving timesheets, debtor management, reporting, fulfilling orders, ensuring store is always spotless and ensuring all processes and procedures are followed by all staff at all times
- Min 1-2yrs management or supervisory experience in a retail environment
- A passions and understanding of the commercial furniture industry landscape
- A strong communicator with good interpersonal skills
- Excellent at managing retail staff
Who you are
- Dynamic & proactive
- Excellent work ethic
- You show initiative & collaborate well with others
- Well organised with good attention to detail, as you will be given autonomy over running the store
- You hold high standards for yourself and others
- You find solutions
If you feel you can tick all the boxes above then send us an email with a cover letter and attach your CV. We'd love to hear from you.
In return we can offer you a great career move with a business that is growing. The salary package is negotiable based on your industry experience and achievements and may include a bonus scheme based on sales.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends, evenings, public holidays)
- How many years' experience do you have in the retail industry?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?