- Job Listing Date
- 30 Jul 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Payroll
Over 20 years EB Games has become one of Australia leading retailers, but we don’t do retail like most companies. Step in to a store, our office or warehouse and the energy and passion is undeniable. With more than 450 locations around Australia and New Zealand, EB Games stores are the home of expert advice, service, iconic gaming and pop culture products. We work in a dynamic and exciting environment where delivering the best customer experience is at the core of everything we do. We care about our customers, celebrate our wins together and most importantly have fun!
We’re known for our amazing people, vibrant culture and exciting career opportunities. We are proud of our diverse team who represent the values of EB Ethos – Family, Integrity, Vitality, Vision, Accountability and Recognition. At EB Games a career in retail is so much more.
Reporting into the Payroll Supervisor, you will work within a team of Payroll Officers administering payroll functions for up to 5000 employees across Australia and New Zealand. As a Payroll Officer, you are accountable for ensuring employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with relevant legislation and employment contracts.
Key responsibilities include:
- Processing payroll for both Australia and New Zealand
- Interpreting Awards and maintaining knowledge of relevant payroll legislation
- Assisting with onboarding of new employees and processing terminations
- Maintaining employee data changes
- Providing accurate and timely assistance to EB Games employees on payroll-related issues
- Analysing and manipulating data to generate reports for key stakeholders in the business
- Carrying out administrative payroll requirements
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Sound payroll knowledge with min. 1-2 years’ experience performing a range of payroll functions
- Experience with Sage Micropay Meridian and Kronos systems would be highly regarded
- Exceptional computer, typing and data entry skills across a range of programs including intermediate-advanced Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work closely with other teams and build effective relationships
- Accuracy and high attention to detail, with ability to recognise discrepancies in data or information records
- Ability to analyse and comprehend data/information
- Experience working in a customer service environment is ideal
- Amazing opportunity with a leading retailer
- An environment where great performance is recognised and rewarded
- Access to exclusive employee discounts
- A fun and dynamic culture that is people focused
- Endless career opportunities across EB Games and Zing Pop Culture
Join us and see what it means to become part of the EB Games retail experience, click the ‘Apply for this job’ button today. Your application must include a recent resume and a cover letter. Due to the high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted. We thank you for your interest in EB Games.
- How many years of payroll experience do you have?
- Do you have experience using Microsoft Excel?
- Do you have experience in a data entry role?
- How would you rate your skills in Microsoft Excel?