Senior Mine Surveyor - Woodlawn Mine
Advertiser: Heron Resources LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 30 Aug 2019
- Southern Highlands & Tablelands
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Surveying
Australia – New South Wales
· New mine development and a great opportunity to be a key player within the mining team
· Residential position in country NSW – located halfway between Canberra and Goulburn
· Monday to Friday roster
Company Description – Heron Resources Ltd
Heron Resources Ltd is an Australian mining company, currently developing the Woodlawn Zinc-Copper Project located 250km southwest of Sydney, New South Wales. Heron's vision is to generate significant shareholder returns through firstly developing Woodlawn into a highly profitable mine and then via exploration and resource expansion and other business development strategies.
As the Senior Mine Surveyor you will be an integral member of the small and dynamic mining team at Woodlawn. This role will have ownership of the entire surveying function on site with the opportunity to further develop the systems and processes. Reporting to the Mine Technical Superintendent your key responsibilities will include:
· Establishing and maintaining the mine survey systems and procedures.
· Providing reliable survey control to the mining operation – primarily underground.
· Performing mark ups and preparing survey instructions for horizontal and vertical development and production drilling.
· Survey pick-ups of all mine development and fixed infrastructure, including stope cavity surveys and void surveys using C-ALS technology.
· Pit wall monitoring and other surface survey works including stockpile and tailings dam surveys, UAV surveys and services infrastructure pick-ups.
· Data processing and reporting including end of month survey measures and stockpile balances.
· Ensuring all survey equipment is maintained to required standards.
· Preparation and maintenance of mine workings plans and mine emergency plans in accordance with relevant NSW legislation.
· Demonstrating a strong commitment to safety and risk management processes.
Skills and Requirements
To be successful in this role you will have:
· Tertiary qualification in Mine Surveying
· At least 5 years of underground metalliferous mining experience relevant to the role.
· Registered NSW Mine Surveyor would be highly regarded.
· Suitable experience with Total Station, GPS, CMS, C-ALS and UAV.
· Proficiency with mine survey, preferably AutoCAD and GIS software.
· Ability to effectively use new technology to fulfil survey requirements.
· A strong willingness to take ownership and accountability for your work.
· Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment.
Personal qualities that you bring will include a high level of self-motivation with strong communication and time management skills. The ability to engage with operational and technical personnel across various disciplines is essential to your success in this role.
As part of the recruitment process for this position you will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and identity check and qualifications check.
Short listing for this position will commence immediately, however we do reserve the right to close this position earlier than stated. To enable us to process your application as quickly as possible simply click on the ‘apply’ button below.
Only Australian residents should apply for this role.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have underground mining experience?
- Do you have experience completing ad hoc and month end reporting?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have mine site experience?