Embedded Software / Firmware Engineer
Advertiser: Inovor Technologies Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 1 Aug 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Engineering - Software
The roles will include working in a small multi-disciplinary team to develop complete satellites for different missions. The roles will involve developing embedded software primarily for microprocessors running RTOS, including everything from implementing hardware drivers and communications protocols to satellite management systems. The successful applicants will have a passion for learning how systems work and be interested in developing software for physical systems.
Criteria - Essential
- A degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Eligible for a security clearance. To meet this, candidates must have lived in Australia for 10 years (or at least close to 10 years), and be eligible for an Australian citizenship
Skills and Experience - Essential
- Demonstrate a passion for embedded systems
- Strong intuition in object-oriented programming
- Highly proficient in either C or C++
- Knowledge of Integration and Unit Testing
- Experience with Git
- Experience working on Linux PCs
Skills and Knowledge - Desirable
- Experience in working with control systems and electronics
- Thorough understanding of low-level computer systems (operating systems, hardware drivers, communications protocols, file systems)
- Experience with software development for Linux systems
- Excellent written communications skills
- Electronic design skills including schematic design and PCB layout
- Practical electronics skills (soldering, rework, use of oscilloscopes and logic analysers, etc)
Inovor Technologies (www.inovor.com.au) is a space and defence company located in Adelaide, Australia with 18 employees. We provide services to Defence in several key areas, including electronic warfare, simulation and modelling and space surveillance. We also develop satellite technologies and are building several spacecraft for civilian and defence projects. Inovor Technologies has developed a family of small satellite platforms that we use to build space missions and provide a complete turnkey satellite mission solution from mission design, to spacecraft design, manufacture, integration, test, delivery and operations.
Applying for this position:
Please forward a covering letter with your resume.
The covering letter should address the essential criteria and relevant skills and experience.
Please include on your covering letter your salary expectations.
Applications closing 30th August 2019 at 5:00pm (ACST)
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Have you completed a qualification in computer science?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Which of the following programming languages are you experienced in?