- Job Listing Date
- 2 Aug 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Mining - Processing
Nyrstar is a global multi-metals business, with a market leading position in zinc and lead, and growing positions in other base and precious metals, which are essential resources that are fuelling the rapid urbanisation and industrialisation of our changing world. Nyrstar has mining and smelting operations located in Europe, North America and Australia and employs approximately 4,100 people.
Applications are invited for this dynamic and challenging role, which reports to the Technical Manager and provides a fantastic opportunity to work in a complex pyro and hydrometallurgical zinc plant.
You will provide strategic process leadership, giving daily technical support to production departments by means of process performance monitoring, trouble shooting, optimisation, training and advice.
Key responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Delivering high quality support to the operations team to assist with daily metallurgical operations;
- Liaising with maintenance and processing personnel to ensure optimum performance of the plant;
- Implementing and maintaining short and medium term production planning to provide accurate detailed forecasts;
- Identifying and undertaking various improvement and investigative project work;
- Regular shift work (day shift only) to provide direct operational support. Limited night shift may be required during significant operational events.
To be successful in this position you need to have:
- Excellent leadership attributes and a personal commitment towards safety;
- Formal qualifications in Metallurgy, Chemical Engineering or similar;
- Previous experience in Metallurgy, Chemical Engineering or in the technical leadership of a large scale chemical processing plant role will be highly regarded. Transferrable experience in other relevant commodities will be recognised. Less experienced professionals who can demonstrate relevance are encouraged to apply;
- Experience in the process design safety and process control will be highly regarded;
- Excellent organisational, time management and communication skills;
- Ability to establish rapport, develop and maintain a sound relationship with technical, operating and maintenance personnel;
- Ability to achieve results in a demanding and challenging environment;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Nyrstar Hobart is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
You must have the Right to Work in Australia to apply for these positions
To apply for these positions please send through a current resume and a covering letter that addresses the ‘To be successful in this position you need to have’ section of this advertisement.