Team Leader - Disability Support - Residential
Advertiser: Wallara Australia LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Aug 2019
- Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Community Services & Development, Aged & Disability Support
Not just a career… ON A MISSION to make social change happen for people with different abilities!
The Wallara Way:
- Be creative and push the boundaries
- Think client first
- Do the right thing
- Together we make a difference
- Have fun and celebrate awesomeness
Wallara Australia is a highly innovative non-profit organisation based in Melbourne's South East. We promote social inclusion through creative initiatives that deepen relationships and create real impact in society for Australia's largest minority group – people with disability.
We deliver support differently; our support coaches are unique and bring their own talents to their support role.
About the role
We currently have a fantastic opportunity in our Live (residential) division for a part-time (66.5 hours per fortnight) Team Leader, currently based in Dandenong.
You will be leading a dedicated team of staff, passionate about supporting people with disabilities to achieve their goals and live the way they choose.
If you’re an energetic and proactive leader, have highly developed communication and interpersonal skills, an innovative approach to delivering outcomes and are looking for a new challenge, we would love to hear from you!
Please note, the roles in our live division include mornings, afternoons, weekends, nights (sleep over shifts) and public holidays.
What you'll need to succeed
- Demonstrated experience managing and leading a small team
- Minimum 2 years experience and demonstrated knowledge within the disability sector supporting clients with complex behaviours and high support needs
- A passion for supporting people with disabilities to achieve the best they can – bring your special talents to their experience!
- Excellent communication skills; ability to prevent and resolve issues and to build and maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders
- Ability to advocate and promote community inclusion and person centred support that exceeds standards and is delivered within the available resources – be creative!
- Effective written communication skills and computer literacy in order to complete appropriate documentation
- Resourceful and innovative approach to creating opportunities for those we support – make social change happen
- Experience in delivering on individualised plans
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to think laterally
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Commitment to exceptional service delivery and a demonstrated professional approach to work
- Commitment to the principles of WHS, EEO, Cultural Diversity and all relevant legislation
The Position Description can be located on our website www.wallara.com.au
- Right to work in Australia
- Mandatory police check and Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) check will be conducted
- Full Victorian drivers licence
- Certificate in First Aid Level 2 + CPR
- Certificate IV in Disability or equivalent qualification is essential (either completed or currently studying)
- A supportive and collaborative work culture
- Competitive salary including salary packaging options
- Professional development and training
- Career opportunities and pathways
- Access to employee benefits and discounts
How to apply
If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding role please apply through SEEK by EOD 23 August 2019. Please note applications must include a resume and cover letter and only applications that meet the selection criteria will be considered.
For more information, please contact email@example.com
Catch us on WallaraTV and Facebook!
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from all candidates who meet the requirements of the position.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Have you completed a qualification in disability?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- How many years' experience do you have as a support worker?