Major Events Operations Coordinator
Advertiser: Royal Geelong Yacht ClubMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Aug 2019
- South West Coast VIC
- Work Type
- Marketing & Communications, Event Management
The Royal Geelong Yacht Club Inc.
requires the services of an experienced
MAJOR EVENT OPERATIONS COORDINATOR (ft)
Overview of Role
In 2020 the Royal Geelong Yacht Club (RGYC) will be hosting a huge calendar of major Sailing events. In addition to the annual Festival of Sails and the biennial Wooden Boat Festival of Geelong, the club will also host 4 x World Championship, 2 x Oceania Championship and 3 x National Championship Sailing events over the summer period.
The Major Events Operations Coordinator will join the established RGYC events team on an 8-9 month Full Time Fixed Term contract to plan and execute the operational elements of each Major Event for the 2019 / 2020 season.
The role will primarily work across the following elements of each event (but not be limited to):
- Site Operational Planning & Delivery
- Infrastructure and Contractor Coordination
- Production Scheduling
- Event Permitting
- Health & Safety Coordination
- Equipment and Procurement
- Signage Planning & Delivery
- Event Staffing
- Vendor Coordination
- Live Entertainment
Broadly, the successful applicant will be responsible for the delivery of the land based operational elements for each event.
The role is well suited to candidates with an events background in either major sporting, mass participation or greenfield events.
To view the full Position Description please visit:
To apply, please forward your cover letter & CV to:
Royal Geelong Yacht Club
PO Box 156
GEELONG VIC 3220
Royal Geelong Yacht Club is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to supporting people with disability gain employment and develop their careers with us – if you meet the requirements we encourage you to apply.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in event management?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your highest level of education?