Transport Allocator - Local Operations
Advertiser: Carways P/LMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Aug 2019
- Melbourne, Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Fleet Management
Carways prides itself on being Australia's reliable and efficient motor vehicle transportation company, providing comprehensive vehicle transport solutions across Australia's east coast. Established in 1970, our reputable family owned and operated company has been servicing the car carrying business for almost 50 years.
A position is now available for an experienced Allocations Coordinator to join our team. In this role, you will ensure local transport services are provided in a correct, cost effective and timely manner.
Working in a fast-paced environment, we’re seeking a team player who is highly organised with a keen eye for detail.
- Review local bookings and allocate runs to local fleet
- Liaise with Interstate Allocators re: interstate jobs requiring local drop offs
- Oversee and manage local operations teams (drivers)
- Provide efficient and professional customer service to both internal and external customers
- Build and maintain strong/customer working relationships
- Respond to customer queries
- Ensure surveys of all vehicles upon collection and prior to transporting
- Manifesting customer bookings
- Ensure safety logs/checklists are completed as a matter of compliance
What we are looking for?
- Commitment to exceptional customer service
- Sound interpersonal/communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to work in both a close team environment and autonomously when necessary
- Ability to multi-task and a willingness to adapt to changing situations on a day to day basis
- Well-developed skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet use. (training will be provided for in-house systems)
In return, Carways provides a close and supportive work environment with the opportunity gain new skills and experience.
If this sounds like the job for you, please submit your application - Att: Human Resources Manager.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?